Bad Dream (Little!Steve x Mama!Reader)

"Mama?" Steve reached out, unused to seeing anything but love in her eyes. Now there was disgust and anger and it was frightening him.

"Stop calling me that!" She snapped, turning away from him and continuing to pack her bag. "It's pathetic. You're pathetic."

Steve pulled his hand back, not understanding why his mama was saying these things. She loved him right? She said it was okay to be little. Mama wouldn't lie, would she? "Mama don't go," he whimpered, hugging his teddy close and sitting down in front of the door, attempting to block her path.

She came over to stand in front of him. "Move."

"Mama p'ease," he cried, tears beginning to slip down his cheeks as she glared at him. He reached up towards her, hoping for some scrap of affection, but was instead met with a slap on the face.

"What did I just say?" She snarled. "I'm not your mama anymore, now move out of my way! I have better things to do than deal with you all day." He let out a little sob as he moved, too terrified not to obey. "Oh god are you crying? This is exactly why I can't stay here, you're ridiculous."

"Don't go," he cried. "P'ease don't leave. I'll be better."

"You had your chance. Goodbye Steve."

She walked out the door, leaving her sobbing baby behind as he pleaded with her not to abandon him.

Steve woke up with tears streaming down his face. He shot up in bed, quickly falling into his headspace as he tried to remind himself that Y/n was just a one room over and that she hadn't abandoned him. He took a deep breath like his mama had taught him, trying and failing to calm down on his own before realizing that it wasn't going to work.

He grabbed his teddy bear and with tear tracks still shining on his face he made his way to his mama's bedroom. Once he had arrived he hesitated in front of the bed, deciding that it wasn't worth waking her up. What if she got angry? What if his dream came true and she left? It was far too risky, but he still couldn't bring himself to leave. Steve curled up on the ground on his mama's side of the bed, sniffling and wishing he had brought a blanket with him. He tried not to cry, knowing that the sound would wake his mama, but there was only so much he could do. He was small and scared and all he wanted was Mama.

Tears began streaming down his face again as he sat there, and eventually a little sob escaped. He clamped a hand over his mouth but it was no use. The sobs began to come out faster and faster as he contemplated life without his mama and he leaned his head against the mattress as he tried to cry as quietly as possible.

"Stevie?" He heard a sleepy voice say. "What happened baby?"

Mama.

He couldn't find the words to respond, fear taking hold as he readied himself for his nightmare to become a reality. But instead of harsh words or a slap across the face he felt a gentle hand carding through his hair.

"Did you have a bad dream baby?" She asked softly, not a trace of anger or irritation in her voice.

Steve nodded his head without even thinking, too little and too distressed to think it over. "Mama," he sobbed.

"Mama's here," she cooed, moving back in the bed and wincing when Steve let out another sob at the feeling of her hand leaving his hair. "Oh baby, it's okay. C'mere, Mama made room for you."

Steve looked up to see his mama with her arms open, holding up the comforter for him to get warm and he couldn't stop himself from getting up. He frantically got as close as he could to his mama, burying his face in her chest in an attempt to muffle his crying. He could feel her arms around him, cradling him close to her body while she whispered soft reassurances that she loved him and that he was safe.