Too Cold (Little!Steve x Mama!Reader)

It didn't go well. That was all of the information that Y/n had been given about Steve's solo mission that he'd been on for the last week. It might as well have been nothing. But that was the way that things always seemed to go around the tower. She wasn't permitted to know the details of the missions until her teammates had been debriefed.

Steve had come home with jagged cuts running down the length of his arms and she had immediately rushed him into her med lab. Over the last hour she had carefully cleaned and bandaged every inch of his injuries, yet he hadn't said a single word. He seemed lost, like his mind was somewhere completely different. "Stevie, you're shaking," she said quietly, finishing up with the last bandage on his arm. "Are you sure you're alright?"

She saw another shiver run through him as he looked away from her. "I was in the mountains," he said quietly, staring down at the floor.

"The mountains?" She asked in a confused voice.

"I was alone in the snow. I had a tent and that's it. Super soldiers don't need heaters." His words were cold and detached, as though he were speaking about a story instead of himself.

A long silence stretched between them as his words sunk in. Then a quiet gasp from Y/n. Tears welled up in Steve's eyes as became aware that she knew what was going on. God he felt pathetic. He was a grown man and a week in the snow and ice had managed to reduce him to an anxious, shivering mess. But to his complete surprise, she didn't tell him to man up or leave him alone to pull it together. He felt warm arms wrapping around him and a steady hand guiding his head to her shoulder. Silent tears soaked into her shirt as he felt his emotions spilling over.

"I can't warm up," he said in a broken whisper, finally letting his walls down as Y/n held him close. "No matter how hot I get it still feels like I'm back in the ice, freezing cold and alone."

"You're not alone," Y/n whispered back, even though there was no one else in the room. "How about I run you a hot bath, Stevie? I'll get you all bundled up in some pajamas, we'll cuddle up in my bed, I'll even make you some hot chocolate."

A little sob forced its way out from between Steve's lips as he nodded his head. He didn't want to be a grown up right now, he just wanted his mama to make him feel warm again. "I want my mama," he cried quietly. "Please Y/n."

"I'm here, Stevie," she said softly, rocking the two of them back and forth. "Mama's here." Once Steve had calmed down, she led him out of the med lab and to her floor. He was worked up and she knew that he hadn't been able to slip all the way, so she let him undress himself for his bath.

He slipped into the warm water and let out a deep sigh. The water was hot enough that steam was rising off of it, exactly how he always liked it. Y/n liked her baths the same way, so she always knew how to get the water just right for him. He reached for her hand once he was settled, needing to know that she was staying, and once he'd made contact he let himself close his eyes.

After a few minutes, the water cooled a bit and Y/n started getting Steve clean. The last thing she wanted was for him to be left sitting in cold water. She helped him sit up a little bit, and got him scrubbed clean. All of the dirt and grime of the last week came off onto the washcloth she was using and Steve finally felt clean, in more ways than one. She helped him lay back again and started washing his hair, reaching for the shampoo once his hair was wet.

"You don't have to do that," he said quietly.

"Shhh," she started working the shampoo into his scalp. "Let Mama help you, sweet boy." Steve could feel himself slipping all the way and didn't bother to fight it. He'd been waiting for what felt like months, even if it was just a week, to have his mama do this.