5

~~~~REBEL POV~~~~
Snow was blowing around us as we sniffed the air, trying to find Steele's scent again. Balto marked a tree before following me as I followed Steele's scent. We slid down a hill and fought through thick snow. I sniffed the air again and caught Steele's scent, stronger this time.

"Steele's scent is stronger. This way!" I called and ran over to a hill. There was a long slide and at the bottom was the sled team. "We found them!" I smiled. We went to run down the hill but we stepped on ice, making us slide down the hill. When we reached the bottom, it was clear everyone was shocked to see us.

"Balto, Rebel, how did you find us?" Kaltag asked.

"Is anyone hurt?" Balto asked.

"Everyone is fine." Steele growled. He was sitting away from everyone.

"Yeah, but our musher hit his head.....and he didn't get up." Star said as he nudged their musher, who was sprawled on the ground with snow covering him.

"And he's not movin'." A dog from the team added.

"All right, follow us. We can lead you home." Balto said as he picked up the lead dog's harness and started walking but Steele stepped on the harness, stopping Balto.

"We don't need your help!" Steele growled.

"M-maybe we should listen to him." Star stuttered but Steele just snarled at him.

"Well, how would you two's get us home, then?" Nikki asked.

"Well, w-we marked the trail. Like this." Balto said as he scratch a tree, marking it like we did the trees on the way here.

"Oh, yeah." Star chuckled.

"I'll get us back. I'm the lead dog. I'm in charge." Steele snarled as he broke the tree Balto barked and stalked towards Balto.

"Then let me take back the medicine. They're getting sicker." Balto said. He went to grab the crate of medicine but Steele jumped in the way, snarling at Balto.

"Touch that box.....and I'll tear you apart." Steele threatened.

"Touch Balto.....and I'll tear you apart." I snarled as I bared my teeth and stalked towards Steele.

"Two bones says Steele takes him." I heard Nikki bet.

"You're on." Kaltag challenged. The dogs made a circle around us as Balto and I glared at Steele.

"Steele, we're not leaving without that medicine." Balto said. He approached the sled but Steele shoved him away harshly.

"Who do you think you are?" Steele growled, getting a snarl from me as I guarded Balto while he got up.

"Since-since when do you need a pedigree to help someone?" Balto questioned. He went to approach the sled again but Steele jumped in the way with a snarl. "Steele, let me help you." Balto approached the medicine crate but Steele shoved him away again. I jumped in front of Steele with a snarl, ears pinned back as far as they could go and a furious look on my face. "I don't want to fight." Balto said as he got to his feet and walked towards the sled again. He got to the sled before Steele latched his jaws onto his back and flung him away.

"Oh, that can't be legal!" Kaltag complained.

"Yeah!" The others agreed with him, not approving of Steele's aggressiveness. Balto got up and approached the sled again but Steele jumped in front of him, bumping the sled and making the medicine crate fall off.

"Hey, that stuff is fragile there!" Nikki yelled.

"What's with Steele? All Balto wants to do is help." Star said. I watched in shock as Steele grabbed Balto by the leg and flung him into a rock, before he tumbled into the snow, laying motionless.

"Balto!" I yelled. My eyes narrowed as I turned to Steele with a furious look, a snarl coming back to my lips. "Oh, that's it!" I yelled. I snarled as I jumped onto Steele's back and latched onto the back of his neck. Steele yelled in pain and tried to shake me off as I thrashed around. Steele backed up and slammed me against a rock, making me let go. I fell to the snow but shook it off and got back to my feet. I ran towards Steele but he saw me coming and grabbed me by the neck and tossed my over the cliff.

"Rebel!" I heard the others yell as I went over the ledge. I would've fell if I didn't grab onto the ledge with my paws, my nails digging into the ground, while my hind legs scratched at the cliff to try and find a spot where I could hold myself.

"Rebel!" Kaltag yelled and went to rush towards me but Steele snarled at him, stopping him.

"Look!" Star gasped. I pulled myself up a bit to see Balto stumbling to his feet. Steele snarled and went to attack him but Balto dodged, making Steele latch onto Jenna's bandana. He thrashed with the bandana until the tie came undone, making him stumble on the edge of the cliff before falling, screaming as he went.

"A little help, guys!" I groaned as I started to loose my grip. I lost my grip and started to fall when someone latched onto the scruff of my neck and pulled my up onto the cliff. I panted as I regained myself and looked up at who saved me. "Thank you, Kaltag." I sighed as I stood and shook myself off.

"Of course. You're not hurt, are you?" He questioned worriedly. I stretched myself and winced a little at the slight pain in my back.

"Back hurts a little, but Balto's had it worse." I said. I walked to the others as they dragged their musher onto the sled and fixed the medicine crate too so it was secure on the sled again. The others got back into their harnessed and Star held up the lead harness for Balto. "Go on. They need a leader. I'll be scouting ahead." I assured Balto. He nodded and stepped into the harness, having a look of awe and disbelief on his face.

"Ready? Mush!" Balto commanded. The dogs barked as they started pulling the sled and I ran along beside them.