5

I recognize every single pair of eyes staring back at me right now

I recognize every single pair of eyes staring back at me right now.  They're all gathered around the dining table. From the looks on their faces, I'd say we interrupted a conversation between most of them.  Sitting at the head of one end of the table is Caterina. She looks the same but different in a way. She looks the same in the sense that her lean olive skin and dark hair are the same as  I remember but different in the sense that I see her in a different light. I don't see her as the Mother figure who was maybe just too busy to do anything with me. I see her for the monster she is. I see the snake that coils beneath her skin and makes her the treacherous person she is.

To her left is Isabella. She has on a pair of jean shorts and a Pink tube top with some eggshell white sneakers. Looking at the two of us, you couldn't tell that we were twins.  Unlike me, she got Caterina's Golden blond hair and light grey eyes. To think of it, she's the only one with Caterina's hair color. Ethan's hair is a mix of both Rafael's and Caterina's, a sandy brown color,  but that's just about it. She looks me up and down and settles what I presume to be a sneer on her face. 

I move on and my eyes land on Ethan who looks more bored than anything. He turns to me, nods, and returns to staring at his phone looking miserable. He's wearing a simple plain grey T-shirt with some sweatpants. 

In the seat beside him sits Leonardo. Nothing about him has changed. He still wears the same hairstyle as before. I will say he's gotten slightly taller though. He and Leon are sitting so rigid around me to the point where if they sit up any straighter the sticks up their ass will come flying out of their mouth, which brings me to the last person on the left side of the table. 

Leon. Now him? There's nothing new about him. He's still the same big, tall, trying to be the intimidating person he was 13 years ago. The glares and skeptical glances he keeps giving me are becoming more frequent. I suspect it has something to do with the rest of his family being in the room. 

My eyes lock on his briefly before I shift my gaze to the other side of the table. On Caterina's right, the chair that sits there is empty however the chairs following that have the people I've secretly been waiting to see, in them. Nick, followed by Sebastian with Nick on one side of him and another empty chair on the other. My eyes meet theirs at the same moment theirs meet mine. A faint smile appeared on Seb's as our eyes met and Nick's once dull eyes lit up for just a moment. 

His cheeks look slightly sunken in and he just looked so empty. Hollow. As if there were pieces of him missing. Regardless of his twin sitting beside him, I had a feeling why he looked as he did. Same with Sebastian except for his pain I could tell was more mental. Sebastian was never that good with hiding how he felt and granted he had gotten better at it over the years, he was still not able to fully hide them from me. 

The joy, The sadness, and The emptiness were written across his face for me to read like an open book. Nick was slightly better at it than his twin but not good enough. One look at them and I could tell. They blamed themselves. Sebastian more than Nick but they both did nonetheless. You would never be able to tell unless you knew what to look for.