𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

You squeezed the plastic cup in your hand till it collapsed in on itself and let out a satisfying crunch, and tossed it into the trash outside the Snappy Snack Shack.

"This was a good idea," Veronica praised.  "But why did you suggest it?"

"Well, lets be honest here," you began.  "Friend.  There's an end to it.  There's an end in best friend.  There's an end in boyfriend.  But think of the word slushie.  There is no end.  It's the only thing someone can truly rely on."

Veronica smiled, understanding your joke, but disappointed in not receiving a real answer.  She finished her sugary drink and threw out the cup, but not squishing it as you had.  The two of you made your way home, and when you got there, left to go to your respective rooms.  Veronica had that familiar need to diarize, and you... you needed some time alone.

Your best friend was dead.  Her condition collapsed, no real reason.  Chandler, Kurt, Ram... people who you considered your friends, all dead.  Monday at school, if Duke didn't keep the role of queen bee, it would just be filled by someone new.  And odds are that Monday, your sister would go back to being a stone cold bitch.  The only person you could rely on in these trying times was JD, and now he was revealed to be a psychopath, and wind up dead as well.

You looked at your bedsheet, still on the floor.  You and your sister didn't want to deal with the mess of putting it back on, so you had just slept on the couch last night.  You knew what you wanted to do.  And there was no one stopping you.

You grabbed the chair to your desk, and moved it to the side of your bed.  You tied the sheet to what Veronica had yesterday to keep you in the air, and this time, you tied the sheet up.  You didn't tie a fake noose this time, oh no, this was the real deal.  You double checked the knot securing it to the ceiling was tight enough to hold your body weight, and once you knew it was, you slipped your head in.......

..........

.......

You were suffocating.

This is a painful way to go.

.......