Mir Hadi's dark side

Earlier that day
Standing in the family stable of his estate, Mir Hadi affectionately patted his horse, smiling to himself. He had just got off the phone with Khaani, Sarim was going to announce his withdrawal from Sibi tonight: the election was his to win. Just then, his phone buzzed: it was a message from Ali. You need to see this, the message read. Accompanying the message was a screenshot of Ali's Instagram feed. It was a selfie of his ex-girlfriend Ayeza with her cousin. By the looks of it, they were in the middle of a party. Hadi rolled his eyes, Ayeza was a closed chapter; he had no interest in her life, why the hell was Ali- just then Hadi's eye caught something. Standing a few feet away from Ayeza was none other than Khaani! Hadi zoomed in just to be sure. Yes, indeed it was Khaani, standing few feet away from the duo, immersed in her phone completely unaware of the camera. Yeh Ayeza ke saath kya kar rahi hai? Hadi thought his mind racing; trying to come up with a probable (and harmless) explanation of why Khaani - the woman he has been blackmailing - would be in the same room as the girlfriend he just broke up with. Yeh koi coincidence nahi ho sakta, tumne zaroor kuch kiya hai, he thought looking at Khaani's picture. Putting on his shades, Hadi headed towards his mansion. He needed to see Khaani and he needed to see her now. Dua karo Khaani ke mera Shaq galat ho, he thought clenching his fist, Warna main tum aur tumhare uss Bhai ka woh hashr karunga ke uske baad tum Mir Hadi ka naam lene se bhi darogi. Hadi entered the hall and froze at the sight in front of him. Sitting in the drawing room was Ayeza with his mother, chatting as they sipped tea. Mithal was standing a little further away from them, his face grim. He had clearly instructed the guards not to allow Ayeza inside the estate but when Ayeza entered the estate, sitting in Sitara's car, Mithal knew there was nothing to be done.

"Hadi! Waha kyu khare ho?!", Sitara called her son,"Yaha aakar baitho." Stone-faced Hadi quietly came and sat in the sofa next to his mother, his eyes fixed on Ayeza, who was determinedly staring at her cup. From the early days of their dating Hadi had made it clear: Ayeza should never approach either of his parents, unless Hadi himself presented her to them. Break this rule and consider yourself out: Hadi had warned her, just like he had warned her predecessors. And now, she had the guts to not just disobey him but to sit in his house and sip tea with his mother as if she was the future Mrs. Mir Hadi! Whatever little doubt Hadi had, it was resolved: Khaani was planning something with Ayeza. She would've never had the guts to pull this off on her own. A few moments later, Sitara excused herself and went upstairs. Hadi didn't say anything but simply stirred his tea. Ayeza shifted uncomfortably before saying,"Look, I know tum mujse milna nahi chahte, lekin mere paas aur koi option nahi tha. I needed to see you.", Ayeza pleaded. "Meri mumma tumhe kaha mili?", Hadi asked softly. "Club mein.", Ayeza replied,"Magar maine unhe humare baare mein kuch nahi bataya...I just told her ke tum mere dost ho aur bohot time se miley nahi, toh unhone mujhe yaha chai pe invite kar liya. I have to say Hadi, your mum is so kind and sweet-". Hadi cut her off,"Tum Sanam Khan ko jaanti ho?". Ayeza looked shocked and little terrified,"Tumhe kaise pata?", she asked nervously. Hadi showed her the screenshot. He watched her expression change from confusion to anger. "Yeh Kinza bhi na",she replied annoyed,"Apni stupid party ko bhi issne social media mein daal diya. Kinza ne party organise Kiya tha aur uss ne hi bulaya tha Khaani aur uske cousin ko. Mujhe to usne apne aap ko introduce Kiya tab pata chala ke woh kaun hai...aur main iss hi liye to aaj aayi hu tumhare paas...Khaani ne mujhe aaj interview par bulaya hai. Humare rishte ke baare mein baat karne ke liye...main iss liye toh seedha tumhare paas aayi hu! Woh tumhare against bohot badi planning kar rahi hai.".

By the time Ayeza had finished talking, Hadi was literally shaking with anger. The nerve of that girl! So this had been her plan all along. There was no change in nominations!She played him like a finely-tuned instrument. He won't spare her now. "Khaani ne tumhe kaha bulaya hai interview ke liye?", Hadi asked, his cool tone belying his volcanic rage. "Uss reporter ke ghar-(Ayeza's phone buzzing) yeh dekho abhi bhi woh call kar rahi hai. She must be waiting for me.". Hadi looked towards Mithal,"Mithal usse mere flat le aao. Abhi". "Ji Chhote Mir", Mithal replied.