County Line- LMK Vent Piece

A/N: I wasn't sure what else to call this one, so this may stay just a place holder name until I figure out a better sounding title. As the name suggests, this is mostly a vent piece, as I was told venting about my feelings about my ex would help me not want to go back to her if she was ever to try and win me back over to her. If this isn't something you'd like to read, I understand, as this was for myself, just thought I'd share it here. 

To avoid any and all witch hunts, I will not be using my exes real name here. To avoid any drama, I'll use (Redacted) in place of their name. 

Inspired by County Line by Chase Matthews.

Content Warning: Mentions of abuse

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It had been almost a year and Courtney still wasn't completely over her ex? Why? Beats her. But she did the best she could to keep (Redacted) off of her mind, by spending time with her friends and even taking up a part time job at Pigsy's Noodles. 

  Just when she thought she was having a decent day, she heard through the grapevine that her ex was in town, with a new man. Now, Courtney doesn't wanna care about it, but it really got to her, considering what said ex did to her, so how come (Redacted) had managed to find someone new? Regardless, she did her best to get through her day and even stopped by Pigsy's, despite it being her day off, and it just so happened to be a day some of her friends were there too. 

As she was talking to MK and Tang about all things Monkey King, she heard a familiar voice. 

"Hey, guys!" 

  Courtney didn't want it to be true, that (Redacted) had the audacity to walk in here, but she turned her head to see who it was, and unfortunately she was right. There her ex was, finding a seat on the other side of Tang, acting as if she wasn't right there. "Been a while, huh?"The room went dead silent for a moment, the air felt stiff. Courtney just turned to face the other way and acted as if she wasn't just a few seats away from the person who treated her like shit. Everyone noticed this, and some had to keep themselves from glaring at (Redacted).

"Why so silent, guys? Don't act like you forgot about me already!" 

  Oh, so she wanted to play dumb, did she? Before Courtney could say anything, her knuckles turning white from clenching them, she felt Tang gently place his hand on her shoulder. He didn't squeeze it, just laid it there, reassuringly. 

   "You got some nerve coming in here after what you did, kid." Pigsy was the first to speak up. This obviously caught (Redacted)'s attention, "Hm? What do you mean?" 

 "Oh, don't you act like you don't know what I'm talking about." Pigsy retorted, now glaring at (Redacted), "You know what you did." 

  (Redacted) looks over to see Courtney on the other side of Tang, "Oh, what exactly did she tell you? Cause I'm sure what she told you was a lie, or she didn't tell you the whole story." It took everything in Courtney to not throw a punch at (Redacted). 

  "And what makes you think she'd lie to me for, huh? She's never had a reason to lie to me before." Pigsy replied, still visibly angry. 

 "And who's to say she didn't lie to you all about me? Come on! You all had to know she was clingy and possessive! She verbally assaulted me on multiple occasions!" (Redacted) raised her voice to him, obviously trying to make herself out to be the victim in this situation. She looked over at Courtney again, "Hm? What lies did you tell them to make me out to be the bad guy?" 

  "Look, she admitted her wrongdoings to us, and told us about how she apologized to you for them!" Mei butted in, as she couldn't stay quiet any longer. "Yeah!" MK also spoke up, "She also told us you only ever gave half assed apologies!" "Oh, is that so? Then it does sound to me she's lying!" (Redacted) retorted, shit eating grin on her face.

  Before anyone else could say anything, Courtney spoke up, "Cut the shit, (Redacted). You and I both know what happened." She got up to face (Redacted), "You and I both know you were the abusive one, that you were not only verbally and mentally abusive, but even threatening to be physically abusive." 

  "You got no proof for-!" Before Reagan could finish, Courtney cut her off, "They saw those messages, Reagan." That got her to shut up. "I also know through an anonymous source you cheated on me not once, not twice, but FIVE times!" Courtney found herself almost raising her voice to someone a head taller than her. 

  "You're lucky I'm feeling nice today, so this is all I'm gonna say; Stay on your side of the county line. You don't want to be seen in here again, cause everyone here knows how you broke my heart. Stay out of dodge, stay out of this town, and stay out of my life." 

  (Redacted) almost didn't know what to say, but before she could speak up to say something, Courtney spoke up again, "Oh, and don't bother trying to befriend Red Son, Macaque, or Monkey King, cause they know too." She ended that rant with a smile, "Have a nice day!" (Redacted) left in a huff, not uttering a word. That would be the last time any of them had to worry about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Now, since my ex and I were in a long distance relationship, there really wasn't away to confront her in person, so this is just my way of expressing how I like to imagine it went, if that makes sense? However, I am still trying to get over the trauma bond I have with her at this moment, and I've been told it'll take a while, so that's why I'm trying to write stories as I come up with them in the mean time!