Cherry X Chao (Part Two)

After the pair got done eating at Pigsy's Noodles, Chao began to walk Cherry home like he said he would. "Are you sure you don't want me to pay you back? You didn't have to pay for me." Cherry said shyly, still wearing her hood up. "It's no problem, I didn't mind paying!" Chao replied, a smile on his face. Cherry felt herself blushing again, seeing his smile. She looked away smiling herself.

  "Well, thank you, again! For all the kindness you've shown me today!" She seemed to have perked up and was in a better mood now than she was a few hours ago. Chao chuckled, and replied in a sort of joking manner, "You act as if no one has ever been nice to you before." That comment made Cherry go silent again. Having noticed this, Chao spoke up, "I-I was just kidding! Unless.." 

  "I-It's okay! You didn't know!" She reassured him, smiling sweetly at him. "To be honest, I have never had anyone be as nice to me as you have been to me today.." She admitted, looking down as they kept walking. This surprised the Prince more, "Are you serious? But you seem so nice and kind yourself!" 

  "Well, my older sister doesn't really like me all that much.." Cherry mumbled, not looking as happy as she was anymore. "Oh, well, siblings pick on each other all the time, I'm sure-" Before Chao could finish, Cherry continued, "It's more than just picking on me she does though.. She's always putting me down, making me feel bad over the smallest things.. Making me feel ugly in comparison to her.." 

  It was silent again for a moment. "Are you sure you want to go back home to that?" Chao asked, sounding worried as to what could happen to her when she gets home. "Unfortunately, Chao, I don't have much of a choice. I also kinda snuck out to be out here today, and if I'm not back soon, I'm sure she'll rip into me more.." She replied with, figured it was best to just be honest. 

  "Well, in case you need me.." He seemed to be pulling something out of his pocket. A notepad and a pencil? "Just text me and I can come get you, no matter where you are." He said as he handed her a piece of paper with his number on it to her. Cherry looked at it in shock, "A-Are you sure?" He just offered her what looked to be a heroic smile, "Of course I'm sure!" He gently took her free hand, "Now, let's get you home, okay?

  She was blushing profusely now, gripping his hand a bit as he held it, "O-Okay!"