Chapter 4: Despair

It had been a little over a week since my duel with Ais when I suddenly was called to the Guild.

I haven't been going into the dungeon lately since I want to respect Cassadnra's wishes... perhaps it's an expedition?

I walked into the large guild building and saw Eina working at the desk.

"Eina!"

"Bell! I haven't seen you in a while! Ah, the others just got here a moment ago."

Others?

"...Follow me."

I was brought into a meeting room where I saw Fels, the mage, along with...

"Asfi? And... Cyclops? Ankusha? Why are the captains here?"

They were the captains of Hermes, Hephaistos, and Ganesha Familia.

"Good. That should be everyone. Follow me."

Eina excused herself and the four of us followed Fels. It was a long, stone corridor. Eventually, we came to a wall, and Fels stopped. The passage opened, and Fels gestured for us to enter. None of the others seemed to know what was happening, either. 

"Welcome. My name is Ouranos."

Ais Wallenstein POV

Why...

We were just making our way through Floor 37. We had successfully ventured down to the 68th floor and were returning proudly. It was a nice atmosphere, even between our two familias.

"Everyone, prepare for combat."

I could see a flicker of light coming from the passage between the 36th floor and the 37th. I had seen it before somewhere...

Finn's reaction was quicker.

"Riveria!"

"My name is Alf! Via Shilheim!"

A barrier formed around us as the lightning struck against it.

"That's-!"

"Yeah. It seems that it survived."

The black minotaur stepped from the shadows and held the lightning axe up once more, this time slamming it into the ground. It broke, causing the magic to rampage around and break the floor beneath us. The barrier fell as Riveria's concentration snapped, and it charged at us.

"This time, things will be different."

It talks?!

It breezed past several of our elite members. Allen, Hegni, Bete, Tione, and Tiona were taken out in that instant. They crumpled to the floor, unconscious.

"It seems that it's gotten stronger since we last faced it. Huh, Finn?"

Gareth stroked his beard and gripped his axe tightly, while the rest of the executive members started to gather around it.

"That bastard..."

I activated my magic.

"Ariel!"

No matter how much we attacked it, it still wouldn't go down. The Gulliver brothers, Hedin, Finn, Gareth, and Riveria. They were all knocked aside like ragdolls, hardly able to damage it. The most meaningful bit of damage was from the backlash of the axe strike, with some cuts running along its right arm.

"It seems you've grown more, little bull."

"You..."

I could sense Ottar activating his beastification. The energy radiating from his body spoke of strength. But then...