Chapter 10.

"I was helping someone" you say as you quickly glance at Neteyam and he looks down.

She nods.

"And were were you?" Lo'ak asks his brother, looking him up and down.

"It doesn't matter bro," he answered, making eye contact with you.

"I had something to take care of"

---

The rest of the day, the whole group was just hanging out together. Ao'nung joined you guys after you were done eating, he was just done with his chores. You guys went out to ride the Ilu's and swim. After a while, Tuk got tired and we brought her home before going out again. You and Neteyam were always glancing at each other, every chance you would get.

---

The sun was just starting to set, painting the sky the most beautiful colors.

"It's so pretty" Kirri comments as she looks up to the sky.

"It really is" you observe the sky.

The group of seven were sitting at the beach. They were forming a circle, thinking of what they should do next.

As you glance down from the sky, you notice Rotxo staring at Kirri.

Not in a friendly way. You knew that look. He looked at you like that... before you kind of rejected him. But you were happy he didn't take it to heart. Plus, you talked about it with him, and now you are practically besties.

You smile lightly, gazing upon your friend falling head over heels for a girl.

I mean they weren't the only soon to be couple by your thinking. You knew that Tsireya liked Lo'ak, and vice versa. It was a bit evident that Rotxo liked Kirri, but it was harder to tell for Kirri. Her feelings are unclear towards the lad that tried very hard to get her attention.

You were not the only one who thought so.

You look around the group and make eye contact with Aonung. You motion to the couple slightly with your head and smirk. He rolled his eyes and he tilted his head back.

No.

He signs.

Yes.

You smile.

"What are you guys saying?" Lo'ak questions as he looks at you two confused.

"Nothing" Ao'nung says, a bit annoyed.

"Okay jeez, don't have to be so mean" Lo'ak whispered underneath his breath.

Tsireya giggles.

Ao'nung groans as he falls on the sand behind him.

Lo'ak mimics Ao'nung, throwing his hands up very exaggeratingly, and falling to the sand behind him very dramatically.

The whole group starts laughing.

Ao'nung looks up at the group confused. He somehow did not see what Lo'ak did.

"We should do something" Neteyam says as the laughter dies down.

"We should," Rotxo agrees.

Tsireya suddenly gasps.

"What?! What happened, Reya?" you look at her concerned.

"I almost forgot about tomorrow!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Tomorrow?" Kirri repeats.

You breathe out, relieved.

Neteyam glances at you, "What's tomorrow?"

"We have a festival tomorrow," you replied.

"A festival?" Lo'ak repeats as he looks around.

"Are you forest freaks just going to repeat everything we say?" Ao'nung asks.

You glance over to Ao'nung.

"Ao" you warn.

He knows that tone. It means stop. And if he doesn't.. that will be his problem.

He looks down for a second before looking up again, "We have a lot of festivals at Awa'atlu but tomorrow, it is the most special"

"Why?" Kirri asks.

"The Tulkun will be arriving tomorrow," Roxto says as he glances at the ocean.

The Sully's look at eachother, probably wondering what a Tulkun was.

A gentle breeze blows from the ocean.

"The Tulkuns are very intelligent creatures," you state with a gentle voice.

"Each Metkayina member has made a bond with a Tulkun. We can them our spirit sisters and brothers." you look at everyone as you talk.

"They are arriving tomorrow!" Tsireya comments.

"You guys only see them once a year?" Neteyam asks.

Ao'nung and Rotxo nod.

"Once they arrive it is a time for stories. Everyone celebrates the births of new children and mourns the loss of others. We tell them everything and they tell us everything" You explain.

"They also have tattoos, just like us," Rotxo adds.

The siblings nod in understanding.

"We always celebrate their arrival with a festival" Tsireya states.

"What do you guys do at festivals?" Lo'ak looks at the Metkayina siblings.

"We party" Ao'nung smirks.

"We have dancers as well," Rotxo notes.

"Yeah and our sweet Y/n is part of them!" Tsireya says as she leans forward a bit.

"Oh my, Reya!" You cover your face with both of your hands, giggling into them.

"You dance Y/n?" Kiri asks.

You bring your hands down and nod with a smile.

"She is the best one" Tsireya mouths at the group.

"Basically tomorrow is pretty special for us, and now that you guys are part of the Metkayina clan," You look at the Sully siblings, "It is important to you too".

Everyone nods agreeing.

"It's getting late," Ao'nung states as he look at the sky, "we should head back and go to sleep earlier"

---

"Y/n, I didn't know you danced" Neteyam smirked as he walked beside you.

"Well now you do, '' you answer.

"Are you good at it?" he asks.

"You heard Tsireya, 'best one there'" you make quotation marks with your fingers.

He chuckles.

"Can't wait to see it," he smiles.

"Hope you will like it" you wink at him as you walk into your family's marui pod.

"I'm sure I will," he mumbles.

---

A/N

Ik this chapter is shorter than the other ones but I literally ran out of ideas. The Tulkun festival is obvi going to be a big thing in their village and there might be a big step in Neteyam's and Y/n's relationship.

Plus I wanna add D R A M A soo I have a few tricks up my pocket :P

Don't forget to comment, vote and share!

(PLz comment, I LOVE reading them)

Ciao!