Chapter 6.

You move back, so you aren't leaning forward anymore. "Now you are in charge" you say.

"I like the sound of that," he smirked.

"Remember to breathe the way I taught you Netty" you remark as you place your left hand on his stomach and your right hand on his chest, "breath through here" you reminded.

He took a deep breath and nodded.

You moved your hands and wrapped it around his torso.

The Ilu started moving.

---

Walking to the dock to meet Neteyam you adjusted the seashells you had on your top.

It's been about a week since Jake Sully and his family came to the village and it has been.. awesome.

You noticed progress in the Sully kids practice to learn the way of the reef people.

You have been 'assigned' to teach Neteyam and Kiri in riding Ilu's. Tsireya wanted to teach Lo'ak and Tuk. She loves kids and apparently that's not the only thing she loves. But they didn't confess yet, though it's so obvious.

Kiri already learned how to ride an Ilu without anyone's help. Since the first day you noticed how connected she seemed to nature. Since she already knew how to ride an Ilu, you had Neteyam left to teach.

Sometimes Kiri tagged along to your lessons to laugh at her brother's failure but most of the time she went to ride her Ilu on her own. Every single time she went to ride on her own, you always reminded her not to go outside the reef. And every single time she rolled her eyes and said she knew. You felt like a mother scolding her kid, but it was dangerous outside the reef, especially for the newcomers, who have little to no skills for surviving in the water.

Today was one of those days when she left to be on her own.

And that left you to be alone with Neteyam. Speaking of which, you finally made it to the dock, where he was already waiting for you.

"Hi" he turned to you and smiled.

"Hey Netty" you utter.

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that" he said as he looked you up and down.

"And I thought I told you to stop checking me out," you replied.

"Fine you can call me Netty" he said as he put his hands up in defense.

You smile as you look at the water, by the fact that he just said that he won't stop checking you out and by how peaceful the ocean looks.

"Today," you begun as you look back at him, "I will teach you how to trust your Ilu more"

"I already do," he said.

You hum, "Then it will be easy for you to do this" You move to the edge of the dock.

You made noise with your throat and mouth to call for your Ilu. You saw him swim towards you, and once he got close enough you jumped off the edge of the dock and dive into the calm water. Once underwater you make the bond quickly and easily, and you swim to the surface on top of Aolé in a matter of seconds.

"You saw that?" you ask Neteyam as you move your curly hair from your face. Today you decided to wear it down, completely unbraided. Well you always had 2 or 3 braids in, but that's beside the point.

"How did you know he would be there?" he asked from the dock.

You smile down at your Ilu, "I trust Aolé"