Chapter 9.

"You're a good kisser" he whispered as he pulled away.

"You are too Netty"

"As much as I want to stay, I think I should head back" he said as he looked towards the village.

You nodded, and unwrapped your hands from his neck and dropped them at your side.

He smiled at you and then quickly gave you a peck on the lips before walking back to the village.

You watch him walk away and then look towards a Hyacinth flower floating peacefully in the water, the things that happened earlier just setting in. You smiled brightly.

---

You bend down and pick up some supplies in a pouch.

"Y/n?" you hear a voice call.

"Yes?" you question as you turn towards your brother.

"Where were you last night?" he asked as he towered over you.

Your ears perk back.

Shit. He knew.

"What do you mean?" you ask as you avoid eye contact.

"You were not in bed this morning," he replied.

Oh, maybe he doesn't know.

"I got up early and helped out around the village" you reply as you turn around and start walking towards your family's hut.

"Are you sure?" he questioned as he followed you.

"Yes Ao, you could ask mother, I am gathering supplies for her right now" you roll your eyes.

He hummed, and slowed down as you walked into the family hut.

He knew something was up, and he was going to find out.

---

"You are getting better!" you call out to Lo'ak as he rides his Ilu around you.

You agreed to help him with his riding skills since, everytime he was with Tsireya we could never focus. You understood the guy.

At the moment you were standing in the ocean, the water just below your hips.

"I might be better than you!" he yells back as you smirk.

"Oh really?"

"Yea- Ahg!" Just as he opened his mouth, his Ilu turned sharply and made him slip off the creature and land into the water with a big splash.

You burst into a fit of laughter as he resurfaces.

He then splashed you and you did it back, which resulted in a water fight.

Just at that moment, Neteyam, Kiri and Tsireya spotted you two.

Neteyam's heart skipped a beat as he saw you smile and laugh. But the feeling quickly went away as he saw that you were laughing with Lo'ak. He was supposed to be in his brother's spot. He was supposed to make you laugh.

As the group of three come closer into the water, Lo'ak notices them.

"Hey guys- Y/N!" he got splashed right in the face by you, the water getting in his mouth.

"Oops" you giggle.

He starts to charge at you and you quickly run to the group of three. Hiding behind Kiri, Lo'ak runs around her and continues to chase you.

You move to the next person - Tsireya.

You stand behind her and grab her arms, moving her to block Lo'ak from running after you.