Hard Headed

Another hour has passed and Orihara and Y/n seemed to be having way more fun than before.

During the hour, they spent it on buying a few more things, talking and giggling, even danced a bit to some music with a few other patrons that wielded musical instruments.

They had fun nonetheless, it came down to the wire as the two were looking for a booth outside the convention now for food.

Orihara was ahead of her friend, Y/n didn't mind falling behind since his condition wasn't doing any better. He just takes in the time to think about what they have done together.

Especially when Orihara bought so many merchandise for not only herself but for Y/n, consisting of a few more stickers, shirts, and a desk mat he wanted before as he was in awe to see her willing to pay for everything.

Why would she go through the trouble just for him?

His head thought about the most simple answer of them all.

Maybe it's because she's an Olympian... or she has a few sponsorships... She is one of the best in judo so it makes sense that she gets paid to represent a few companies...

"MEZUKO!!!~"

Suddenly, she starts running ahead of him.

Yes, the author did say before that he doesn't mind hanging behind. But in this pace she was going, they were going to lose each other, Y/n decides to turn on the jets and starts walking briskly to keep her in his sight.

It took awhile but she stops.

Right in front of a small family as Orihara was jumping in place. "Just what is going on with her?"

He sees the parents in front of her which they looked perfectly fine.

Then he turns to the young girl in front of them and it hits Y/n.

"...That's why..."

"It might sound really weird but Mezuko is my favorite character and she is really cute!~ D-Do you mind if I hug her?~" he could hear her ask from afar as the father of the family smiles softly.

"If she's fine with it..." he motions the small girl as Orihara crouched down to her level.

"Can I hug you?~"

"You can!"

"Thank you!~"

Immediately, Orihara hugged the girl. Her cheek rubs against her's as she had a wide smile on her face.

"So cute!~" she squeals before the kid hugged back with no hesitation.

Y/n didn't know what to do in this situation, the only thing he could think of was to try and calm Orihara down as he approaches the family with a nervous and apologetic attitude.

"I'm so sorry! My friend can get a little too excited with anyone cosplaying Mezuko but she really loves her..." Y/n apologizes as the mother just shakes her hand reassuringly.

"It's fine~... It's the third time people noticed her costume so she gets happy when people praise her for it~..."

"Yeah... Just as long as they ask, we're fine with it..." the father chimes in as Y/n bows to them.

"Oh my gosh, thank you for understanding... Once again, I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay~... but we need to go soon... Young Mezuko wanted to eat five minutes ago~..."

"Okay..."

He taps on Orihara's shoulder.

"Orihara, they need to go..."