A Talk and Some Training

Izuku POV:

          "The Scarlet Speedster, one of the best vigilantes from the dawn of quirks, died three months ago?" I asked Dr. Torres. 

          "Yeah its a little complicated but it has to do with the abilities granted by the Speed Force." she said. "Primarily the increased speed of healing." 

          "Makes enough sense I suppose, assuming his cells are in a near constant state of regeneration as they grow to old." I pondered allowed. "Still that's nearly three hundred ..."  

          "Exactly!" she interrupted my train of thought. "Other powers displayed by him included immense speed, hyper metabolism, which can be detrimental, lightening generation to an extent, throwing said lightening, the ability to run on water and with the right additives to his costume his own lightening. The list is much longer than that but it should give you an idea." 

         "Wow," I said. "Can the modern day Speedsters do that?" 

         "The Speedsters all have a varying connection to the Speed Force through artificial means." She explained. "Their agency is built in a building that the flash formerly used as the his base of operations, an old supercollider lab. The Collider was modified and eventually used to contain him and kind of stitch a connection to the Speed Force off of his genuine one. Now that he's dead that connection is slowly dwindling till it will eventually be lost, if they catch wind of you they will probably come after you." 

         "Why?" I asked her. 

         "So you can take Barry's place." she said.     

         "Then I won't use my powers they can't find me that easy if I don't," I said. 

         "That would be true if it weren't for the tachyons you give off," she said. "Sooner or later they'll pick up on it you should at least figure out your powers before that can happen."

         "Really?" I said. "Damn your right I'll figure something out." 

         "Well I should be going," Dr. Torres said. "But before I go I want to give you my number. Don't hesitate to call if you need some help with anything related to this." she gestured to the ring and handed me a card with her number on it.

         "Thanks, Dr. Torres for the heads up and everything else." I said. With that she left my room and went on her way. Growl 'there goes my stomach again. I need to figure out an good fix to the metabolism thing before I eat me and mom out of house and home.' I went to the kitchen and put together a few rice balls with some extra rice mom had made from yesterday.

Time Skip: 1 Week Later

          "Okay," I said to myself walking to the beach. "The metabolism took me a little longer than I thought it would. Course actually know how fast my metabolism would have made it easier." I was on my way to Takobah municipal beach to train with my abilities. I had successfully made a stable mix of various vitamins to make ultra caloric protein bars, got to be careful not to accidentally give one to anyone else. Each bar has a whopping 100,000 calories, which should give me in theory about 50 minutes of run time, I think assuming I top out at the speed of sound. Oh well it is still a prototype I can always scale up the amount of calories in them.  

          So the plan for today was to run for as long as I could while sorting out the garbage on the beach. Why? Well simple to test how fast I can run, how well I can turn while at high speeds and how well I can process data at high speeds. The first few attempts of trying this plan resulted in me crashing into a few piles of garbage, but eventually I got the hang of my speed and began to slowly sort out the garbage pile. One pile of recyclable, which I might use my self for future projects, one for plastics that aren't easily recycled, and one of just straight garbage.