sneak peek

IMPORTANT FOR STORY | PLEASE DON'T SKIP

This is a little sneak peek into Aaron's life before him and Luna meet (again), and into Aaron's relationship with Haley and Jack. 

It takes place around 6-7 months before Luna's appearance and Jack is 11 months old in this. I don't remember how old he was, but i manipulated some things to fit the story better. 

When Luna gets in the picture, Jack will be around one and a half years old.

Aaron was sitting behind his desk doing some paperwork when his phone rang.

Confused to see his sister-in-law, Jessica's name flash on the screen, he answered the phone instantly, thinking the worst as he recalls how Jessica is one of the main emergency contacts for both Jack and Haley, "Hotchner."

Hearing sobbing and commotion in the background, Aaron instantly gets alerted and rushes to grab his suit jacket and bag when he hears Jessica speak, "Aaron? Oh god! It's really bad here Aaron! I came down to visit Haley and there were EMTs and cops all around. P-please just come quick, it's really bad. Even the CPS is here, I-"

Dread fills up the raven-haired man and worry for his son eats him up, still, he rushes to get it together to think rationally because he knows panicking won't help Jack in any way right now.

"Jessica, I need you to calm down and tell me what happened, okay?  Take deep breaths and tell me what exactly is going on right now."

"I- I don't know, they are rushing around and not telling me anything yet! I-i arrived just a couple minutes ago, they want to ID me first- I... I called you first." was her panicked reply.

Hotch quickly rushes to reassure her, "Okay, okay. It's alright. I need you to calm down and cooperate with the authorities while I arrive, alright? I'm already on my way, I'll be there in a few okay?"

"Yeah, fine. Come quick" is her soft response before he hears someone calling her in the background and the soft click indicating the call has ended. Swiftly pulling up at a red light and anxiously tapping his fingers against the steering wheel, he let his thoughts wander.