Chapter 2: Jeon Jungkook

Jungkook was in a meeting in the office when he received a call from the Science and Technology Institute.

In addition to being the Duke of the Empire, he, as a business tycoon, also controlled several important economic lifelines. In this high-tech era, company meetings had long been held in the form of holograms. After the people of the Empire officially entered the company, they could upload and use their own chosen images, and then stay in their houses in the comfort of their own homes while drinking freshly brewed coffee at each meeting.

"Taehyun didn't come today?" Jungkook frowned slightly and asked with slight coldness once realizing that they lack one person.

Everyone looked around and found that the person really didn't come, so they couldn't help swallowing.

Taehyun was an omega who had been with the company for several years. He always wore a mask. When he smiled, his eyes would also curve, looking gentle and soft, leaving an extremely favourable impression. However, he was calm and clear-minded during their meetings and was often an important person when creating proposals- almost everyone in the company secretly guessed that after Jungkook finally separated from his partner whom he had been entangled with for so many years, the mysterious omega would likely be promoted. Jungkook's expression indeed changed. Nevertheless, the boss' emotions were never too easily shown, so everyone didn't dare to speculate more in their hearts. They only thought that he was in a bad mood today, probably because Taehyun didn't come.

Halfway through the meeting, Jungkook's beta secretary's virtual phone lit up. She glanced at it. Not knowing what information she saw, her face suddenly went pale. 

Despite being under such a low-pressure atmosphere, she still cautiously said, "President Jeon, the Science and Technology Institute has something urgent to tell you..."

They didn't know if it was their illusion, but everyone here felt that Jungkook's expression had slightly relaxed.

"Leave it for now, I'll dial it over later," Jungkook said indifferently.

His beta secretary was stumped for words, "It says over there that... it's an emergency... It's your..."

Jungkook felt rather impatient, "I'm in a meeting, let's talk about this later."

He thought he knew who it was and guessed why the Institute was calling, probably because that person finally couldn't bear it anymore, after all, that person was so desperate to be with him.