𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2

Gillian's 15th birthday started like any other day. It was completely normal at first.

Who would have guessed that everything could go so wrong on a day like that?

The sun was high in the sky, promising a day of light and warmth. There were clouds that covered the sun at just the right moment, giving off shade and stopping the heat from becoming too much.

Inside of a stone castle, known to locals as FTRS, a girl jumped out of bed with a smile on her face. The girl, Gillian, was excited for the day, because it was her birthday. She was turning 15.

Now, no one knew it then, but as soon as the clock struck midnight, ending Gillian's birthday, bad luck would descend on everyone within 6 feet of Gillian.

What they also didn't know that morning is that six new students would be joining them at FTRS. Of course, you'll have to wait to meet them as well. I wouldn't want to spoil the story for anyone.

Gillian Cobbler was turning 15. That meant that she got to start taking the carriage by herself without having to wait for a driver. Gillian could leave whenever she wanted, go wherever she wanted, and do whatever she wanted (as long as it was legal). Gillian Cobbler was free.

'Gilly! Happy birthday! I can't believe you're 15 now,' her roommate, Maxine, exclaimed.

'Yeah. It's kind of weird. I don't really feel all the different.' Gillian said, examining herself in the mirror. 'I don't look different either.'

'It just takes some time. Things don't happen over night you know.'

'I know. I'll keep that in mind.'

Gillian walked to her closet and found the outfit she was going to wear that day.

'Overalls?' Maxine asked.

'Overalls.' Gillian confirmed.

'Bold choice.'

'And why is that?'

'Well, people say overalls are a bit childish.'

'Well, that's their opinion. I like overalls so I will wear them whenever I feel like it.'

'Fair enough. It's your life, not mine.'

Gillian nods as she finishes putting on her boots and smooths out the bottom half of her overalls.

'Alright. I'm going to head out now. I'll see you later.' Gillian calls over her shoulder as she walks out of the room.

The ever changing halls seemed a bit less difficult to navigate through that day. Maybe it was because she'd been there so long. Maybe it was all in her head.

Magic. I've never really thought about it before. What would we be without magic? We wouldn't be the same, but how would we be different? Gillian thought.

Now, most of the time Gillian tried not to think to hard about things that would most likely never truly matter. Though, I suppose that magic could disappear someday. Maybe she was right to think about what life would be without magic.

Gillian shakes her head. This wasn't the time to think about stuff like this. Today was a day for a clear mind. Gillian was going to go riding today. Then she was going to go to the theater. Then she was going to go to the bakery. Afterward, she would visit her family. Then she would come back and hang out with her friends.

A few hours alone. A moment with her family. Then a few hours with friends. It sounded perfect. There was no way that today would go wrong as long as she stuck to the plan. It would be perfect.

However, I wouldn't be telling this story if there weren't any problems.