Part 6

I smiled and thanked him for both the picture and the card. We chattered about all sorts of things before Mr. Cults said that they had to leave.

"Bye Miss Seren! Get well soon."

"Thank you, Nicholas. Have a fun day. Goodbye Mr. Cults."

"Goodbye, Miss Varteni. And you may call me Aramis."

"Then you may call me Seren. You also have a good day."

We smiled at each other, before Aramis herded his hyper son out of the door, with a final nod of farewell in my direction. I sifted to get more comfortable on my bed, wincing as my side throbbed. I had just gotten into a very comfortable position when my door opened again, and my brothers entered. They were each talking to each other quietly, joking and arguing alternatively. I watched as they approached my bed, not once looking in my direction. They then settled into the chairs provided, still not looking at me, and continuing their conversation. I waited for them to look at me, but as the minutes ticked by, I got impatient.

"Well, are you going to say hi or are you just going to ignore me the whole time?"

The four boys jumped, their heads whipping around to face me. Their faces were so shocked that I started to laugh. I stopped soon after I started, my hand moving to my side as pain lanced through my wound. The boys all reached out, then paused as they realized that they couldn't do anything to help. I took a few breathes, just waiting till the pain settled. Once it was more bearable, I turned my face to my brothers, who were all looking sheepish and apologetic. I gave them a smile before remembering that they hadn't answered my question.

"Are you going to answer my question? Also where is mom and dad?"

"Sorry, sis, we didn't realize you were awake. Mom and dad went to your apartment to get you some clothes and I think dad said he was going to stop and get some ice cream for you."

I nodded, waving Alex's hand away from my arm. "How long are you on leave for? Also, if you touch me or otherwise annoy me, I will tell mom."

Leo quickly retracted his hand, putting it in his lap, while Caspian moved his hand to scratch the back of his head. I smirked at them, before reaching for my glass of water. Alistair handed it to me, and I took a few sips of water before handing the glass back. Alex then held up the picture I had just gotten, examining it.

"This is new. It wasn't here before we got here, and mom and dad already brought the pictures the cousins made."

"Yeah, I just got it."

"Who from?" There was slight suspicion in Leo's voice, but also curiosity.

"You know that kid that I saved from getting shot? It's from him. He and his father just left before you got here."

"Oh, that's nice. What was the kid's name again?" Caspian looked at the picture over Alex's shoulder.

"The kid's name is Nicholas, and his dads name is Aramis. Their last name is Cults, and they are really nice. Nicholas is very good at drawing for a seven-year-old, don't you think?"

My brothers agreed with me before Alistairanswered my first question. Apparently, they were on leave for at least two anda half weeks. That would be nice, as it wasn't often that they got leave, whatwith being in the army and all.