Chapter 3

Samantha Leona Celestino
"Tang ina, Sam!"

"It's okay, Lex." I said to calm him down. "You have me by your side, okay?"

"Tang ina, I liked him for so long!" he screamed. "Sana pala nag confess ako kapag kaming dalawa lang magkasama. Fuck this love!"

"How could you be so dumb?!" I heard someone shouting so I followed where is that sound. I asked Alexis to stay and I left him to see what's going on.

"Stop it!" I saw a girl crying in front of her bullies, begging them to stop messing her stuff.

"Aww, you really thought that we'll be friends?" the girl named Trixie laughed sarcastically. "You wish, loser. You don't even have any real friends-"

"I'm her friend!" I suddenly said and pushed the girl away. "Now what's your problem with that?"

"Wag kang makialam dito, Samantha." the girl rolled her eyes and pushed me so I took someone's chocolate shake and gave the person 20 pesos as an exchange and splashed the chocolate shake into the brat's stupid face. She deserves it, anyway.

And the next thing I knew, we were both called by the principal. Damn, I hate this room. As expected, the Principal called my Mom. As if my Mom cared about that, she doesn't care about me anyway.

As soon as I got home, I went straight to my room and put my earphones on. Uuwi na ng Manila next week si Alexis, wala na akong kakampi. I'll be the loser one again. Making new friends is so tiring because you sometimes receive hate and they sometimes call you 'feeling close'.

Si Alexis lang nalalapitan ko sa mga problema ko sa lahat. Siguro masusulit pa namin yung mga natitirang oras, diba? Or maybe I can come with him. Sa Manila rin naman nakatira si Daddy and siya lang ang kakampi ko at nalalapitan ko sa pamilyang ito. So I called him and asked him to book me a flight ticket from Isabela to Manila because I was tired of Mom and her husband who does nothing but ignore me. They're not even proud of me that's why my elder brother and I are mad at both of that jerky couple.

They do such things that make my anger towards them grow. After all those bad things had happened to me, the worst thing is I was born in this fucking world. I deserve to be treated right but why didn't my Mom give me the attention I always crave for? Am I not enough? Or is it just because she hates me because Dad's family despised her because their families are rivals in terms of business?

"Why do you want to study here, anak?" Dad curiously asked. "Is something wrong? I hear you crying."

"No, Dad. I'm okay," I said and wiped my tears then cleared my throat. "It's just.. I can't handle everything here anymore, Dad. Please, I really want to get out of here, Dad. Please help me."

"I'll inform your Mom about this-"

"No, Dad!" I screamed. "Please don't,"

"Fine, but promise me you'll study hard here, okay?" Dad asked and I agreed.

I can finally get out of this hellish place where the things I want from my Mom is so difficult to get and I'm so tired of chasing after the love and attention I always wanted. After calling Dad, I called Alexis to inform him that I'm coming with him to Manila but he's not answering my calls. It's the first time he didn't answer my calls, hmm. What could happen to that guy? I tried to call him many times until he finally answered.

"Bakla!" bungad ko pagka-sagot niya sa tawag ko.

"This is Lex's mother, Sam." another person said. "He's in the hospital right now, ang dami niyang sugat sa kamay niya and it got infected and he had his ankle sprained. Do you know what happened to him before he did this? I tried to ask him many times but he said it's nothing."

"I think I know the reason, Tita." I answered. "He got rejected by his crush in front of everyone. I saw everything. He got humiliated because the person he committed confession is popular in school and I was with him when that happened."

"Oh no, my son did experience this!" his Mom said, worried now. I suddenly felt envious because his Mom cared for him. "Next year ko na lang siya papuntahin ng Maynila pag gumaling na siya. Thank you, Sam!"

After hanging up the phone, I slept early because I need to go visit Alexis tomorrow since it's holiday tomorrow kaya walang klase. I asked his Mom to text me the location and went there. I asked the nurse in the information corner and told me where his room located.

I rushed to the elevator and clicked the 5th floor button. I'm so anxious the whole time I was inside the elevation until it opened, I rushed to room 34. I apologized to everyone I bumped into but still rushed to his room.

"Lex?" I opened the door, out of breath. "Lex! Anong nangyari sayo?!"

"Wala, okay lang ako, Sam. Don't mind me," Alexis sighed.

"Hoy teh, alam kong nagsisinungaling ka. Just tell me what happened." I said casually.

"Fine... fine." he said weakly, his heart and eyes about to burst in pain. "Mom, could you please give me and Sam to talk for a moment?"

"Okay, anak," his Mom stood up and turned to me. "Sam, ikaw na muna bahala sa kanya, okay?"

I looked at Alexis and his eyes are full of pain and weakness so I nodded to his Mom. I accompanied his Mom to the door and closed it after she left. I started to walk beside Alexis as he started to talk.

"I liked Jayson since the time I got in that school but I got forced to marry someone I never knew my entire life. It's the worst, Sam. To be honest, I envy you. You're free to love whoever you want and get married to them. Samantalang ako, hindi pwede. I'm only doing this because I love my parents. I'm only doing this to move on from the pain I endured from confessing my feelings to Jayson. Kaya ikaw, Sam, tell someone how much you like them because you got every single chance to do whatever you want while here I am, getting envy to you and other people."

"Oh, Lex," I hugged him. "You've gone through a lot and it's time to rest from them and focus on yourself. Sigurado ako na para sa ikabubuti mo yung marriage na to kaya ka pwinersa ng magulang mo."

"Sam, you don't know how cruel they are kapag wala ka sa tabi ko." he burst into tears as he said that. "They made me do stuff I don't really wanna do."

"Lex," I said, shaking now. "You need to speak for yourself. You have every right to say your thoughts about something."

He cried and just hugged me tightly. "Thanks, Sam. Thanks."

To be honest, I envy you, Alexis.

Your family is complete and mine is not.

My Mom chose her new family than me.

You're the luckiest in this world, Alexis.

You are the luckiest.

Always.