Chapter 6

We follow Hatter to a room, where others are talking about cards.

"We're starting the meeting. Those who have nothing to do here, leave." Hatter announces and the people leave. Others take a seat at the long table. Damn I have to stand by the wall. I wanted to rest my legs a little.

That's when I noticed Chishiya, I forgot that he was an executive. Sword guy stares at us menacingly, he creeps me out a little.

Chishiya waves at Arisu and I.

"It's you." Arisu whispers next to me.

"Two of Spades. Six of Spades. Four of Diamonds. Two of clubs. We've collected all four of them." I forgot her name but she is the creepy smile lady. "Until now, we still haven't found any face cards."

"If the face cards do not exist then all we need is the Ten of Hearts." Number two states.

They start talking about the 10 of Hearts and how to find it or if we can find it.

"The strategy won't change." Hatter cuts in. "We will continue investigating the game areas in town. Make sure you have days left on your visas and keep a lookout for the Ten of Hearts. I need to replenish mine soon."

The militants look at each other, seemingly planning something.

"There's a way to earn visa days for sure. Heart games let you toy with the hearts and feeling of others." Smiley said.

It kind of feels like it's directed towards me and Arisu. Feels like a punch to the gut thinking of that child who sacrificed himself to save me.

"If you bring along those that don't mind dying," she continues. "You'll survive for sure. Even in the Heart games those two cleared."

She raised her voice a little turning towards us. "The same thing happened, didn't it."

This bitch. Oh so help me God if she is ever alone I am going to throttle her. Hatred towards her keeps growing as I stand there, my gaze lowering.

"It's a game that doesn't even require you to use your brain!" She taunts more.

"As someone who has cleared a Hearts game, do you two have any advice for us?" Hatter asks his hand in our direction. Then he laughs.

"But would a Hearts game appear so conveniently?" Ann asks, "On top of that, we won't know what type of game it is until registration closes."

"But we should be able to reduce it based on the probability theory." Number two says.

Hatter slaps his hand on the table, and in a lower voice he says. "I don't need such a pretentious investigation method. I'll join the next game." He stands grabbing the cards and walks towards the wall of cards.

"Be it Hearts or Spades. Someone like me with 100 percent winning rate will clear it easily! I'll join the games until the Ten of Hearts card appears! The day where we gather all cards and depart from this country is near! Executive members, I'm counting on you guys to oversee things here."

He looks back at the table of executives. "The meeting is adjourned!" He says and claps his hands.

Finally, now I can go to bed and sleep today away, I mean it was okay now that I have made friends.

"Don't worry princess, we'll have our fun." Niragi whispers while walking by.

It seems as though I have made a few unwanted relationships too. Just my luck, I would have to lie low for a little bit, at least try not to get in the same game as him.

Hatter then wants to speak with just Arisu, he probably only needed me as an example, stupid. I take a look at Chishiya who is getting up and leaving as well. And I head to my room.