Chapter 4

Yes this is the greys anatomy heart in the elevator

also sorry for updating a lot i just love this fic sm
-

"Parker, you're with me in the ER" Hope called out and Josie nodded and quickly followed the auburnette.

When Hope and Josie arrived at the ER they saw a guy who was bleeding from the chest being wheeled in.

"What do we got?" Hope said approaching the stretcher.

"36-year-old Austin peters, he was shot in the chest on duty, he's a police officer," the EMT said as he wheeled the police officer in.

"Where did the bullet enter and did it exist?"

"From what we see it entered the left side of the chest, there's no exit wound but we believe it may have punctured the heart."

"Okay, Josie you bring him up to the OR and have them get him ready and be there in a minute," Hope said before turning to the officer "I'm going to do everything I can okay?"

The officer nodded "I-If I don't make it... tell my wife and kids that I love them so much."

Hope didn't respond but nodded at the man.

-

Josie rolled the officer into the elevator and pressed the button to the floor the OR was located on.

"Hang in there okay? you're in great hands, Dr.Mikaelson is one of the best doctors in this hospital."

The man let out a small chuckle "I'm going to choose to believe that for my own sake," he said and winced in pain.

Josie looked up and watched the numbers climb up until the elevator suddenly stopped and the lights went out.

"What the hell," she said and continuously pressed the button to the floor she needed to go to.

"My chest pain is getting worse..."

The brunette tried pressing the emergency call button but the elevator had no power so that was no use.

When she looked back over at the patient he had passed out. Josie's eyes widened and she checked his pulse to make sure he was still alive.

He was.

"Someone help!" Josie began to bang on the elevator door.

Hope put on her scrub cap and made her way into the OR when she came to a stop. She didn't see her patient only the nurses and anesthesiologists.

"Where is Parker and where is the patient?"

"They never showed up," one of the nurses said.

Hope immediately walked out of the OR and down the hall "has anyone seen Parker?" she said and a few of the doctors and nurses said no.

As the auburnette was about to go on the intercom and ask she felt her phone ring and saw it was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"The power went off in the elevator I'm stuck here with the patient and he just passed out, I don't know what to do."

"Josie?"

"I got your number off of the Mikaelson memorial website... but that's beside the point I need help."

"I'm going to do everything I can to get you out of there don't worry," she said and walked up to Jed.

"The elevator power is out in the elevator and I have a dying patient in there I need you to go tell the electrician to work on that as fast as possible."

Jed nodded and ran quickly down the hall.

"How are his vitals?"

"His heartbeat is 140 and rising and his breathing isn't good," the brunette said.

"Okay... the oxygen tank is still attached to the stretcher yes?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Hook him up to the oxygen until I can find a way to get you both out of there okay?" she said and she heard some movements.

"Okay, it's hooked up."

"Good okay, just try and stay calm."

She was not going to stay calm she was stuck in the elevator with a dying patient!

"Any updates?" Josie said after a few minutes. Just then she heard voices it sounded like Hope was talking to someone.

"Fuck, okay they can't get the power back on... we're going to have to pry the doors open do you know what floor it stopped you on?"

"The last number I saw was 3."

"Okay we'll be there in a few" she heard the doctor say before she hung up. Josie sighed and put her phone back in the pocket of her scrubs.

This was a nightmare.

She looked back toward her patient who was still barely hanging on for this life. What if they couldn't get the elevator open and he died...

-

After about five minutes Josie heard noise from outside and the door pried open, it looked like she was in the middle of two floors she could only see a bit of the fourth floor.

"Hey," Hope said laying on her stomach so she could see Josie.

"Hi..."

"You doing okay in there?"

"No."

"Understandable, but I don't think we can get you out right now and the patient is going to die if we don't do something so I have an Idea that's going to require you..."

"What idea?"

"I'm going to need you to perform surgery on him."

"What! I'm an intern! what if I kill him!"

"Trying to save him is better than not doing anything at all and letting him die in an elevator, I will be here for you the whole time walking you through every step okay? you got this Josie."

The brunette took a deep breath and nodded "get me everything I need."

-

"And put in the last stitches, there you go" Hope smiled as she saw Josie stitch the man's chest up.

"You did it, and he's alive."

The brunette who was sweating looked up at her and gave her a small smile "that was the most terrifying thing I have every been through.

Suddenly the lights of the elevator turned on and Hope backed away "press the button to this floor" she said and Josie did.

The elevator went to the fourth floor and opened, the nurses immediately rushed in and took the patient while Josie just stood there.

Hope walked up to her and hesitated before hugging the intern "you saved him okay? you did so well."

Josie hugged back "I saved him..."