Eighteen

Waleed

I woke up with Eliza's head on my shoulder, arm around my neck, and leg thrown over my hips. My arm circled her waist, fingers splayed out over her hip.

And something down there was in an incredible mood after having her leg over it.

I could feel my face burning in shame as I let out a grunt of frustration, unable to believe that I was turned on because she'd chosen to cling to me like a koala sometime in the middle of the night. But all that frustration melted when I caught sight of her with the duvet pulled up to her chin and lips parted softly to let out even breaths.

I'd kissed her over and over yesterday until both of us were tired and out of breath but it still didn't feel enough.

Nothing would ever be enough with her, because with her, I was a greedy man and I wanted all of her to feel all of me for it to be enough. And I needed time— a lifetime with her. The mere seven years from the past weren't enough.

She stirred in her sleep, snuggling closer to me. I felt her nose graze my jaw softly and she hummed, making me smile as I pulled her closer and shut my eyes again, her being my last thought before I dozed off again.

───── ✦ ─────

The second time I woke up, Eliza wasn't in bed with me. Rather, she sat on the armchair in the corner with her legs swinging off the armrest and her back against the other one, engrossed in something that was on her lap.

"Good sleep?" She asked, looking up with a smile. I rubbed my eyes and nodded before throwing back the cover to walk up to her and bent down to see what she was doing. She had a tab in her lap that I didn't know she had while she drew on it with its stylus.

"This tablet was my first investment after I started working online, creating designs." Right. I'd almost forgotten she was a graphic designer by profession.

"When did you start?" Unless she earned a lot, she couldn't have gotten this with a few projects or without help.

"When I was nineteen. I got the tab at twenty-one. I paid for it myself." She told me with pride and I dropped a kiss to the top of her head before getting into the bathroom for a warm shower.

The hot water pelted down on my skin like rain, not with as much pressure as the shower back home, but it worked. As I was drying off with a towel, I realized I had forgotten to bring my clothes with me.

Shit.

"Eliza?" I stuck my head out the gap in the door, the water dripping down from my hair. She still sat on the armchair and jerked when I called her.

Her eyebrows scrunched as she took me in, even though none of me was visible behind the door. "Yeah?"

"I forgot to get my clothes. Can you bring them for me?"

She shrugged and saved her work on her tablet before getting up. "The bathroom's probably wet. Just come out in the room and dress. I'll leave." I reluctantly nodded and waited for her to leave before entering the room with the towel around my waist that I slipped off to wear jeans, leaving the shirt for now because it needed to be ironed first.

Eliza's eyes widened comically when I left the room with my shit hanging off my arm and headed to the iron stand that was already in the room. I turned to face her, leaning back against the table with crossed arms as I waited for the iron to heat up.