You want to taste and see and drink from my cup

A/N: The wedding night burns on. Time is running out and Daenerys has a chat with Arya!

"There is a hunger that is stirring up inside of your mind
It keeps on twisting and turning to the sound of desire
You want to taste and see and drink from my cup
You cannot rest
There is no giving this up
I spin a silver string and hang up all the stars that you'll find

I will move
Give you rhythm
Speak in Tongues
'Til you listen
Listen and sin

You feel my words
They hit like thunder coming down from the sky
You want to give into the song that keeps repeating itself

It goes
'Oh can you save me from the sickness of love?'
Could soar with angels
But you're not strong enough
Rest on my shoulder 'til it's over
and the battle is won"

Speak in Tongues - machineheart
*******

Daenerys

"Love is the death of duty..." Jon said, voice contemplative as he ran his fingers through her ratty hair.

Daenerys arched a brow, unsure why he'd brought this up now. They'd both woken in the middle of the night, hands grasping and pulling at each other feverishly. She had given herself over willingly to the heat of his touch and basked in the afterglow. After helping each other clean up, they'd returned to their bed and shared their thoughts, fortified by wine and the lovely afterglow that warmed her through. Jon's mouth quirked in response to her silent demand for an explanation.

"I don't think I ever told you, but I knew your great uncle, Aemon Targaryen. I served with him at the Wall until his death. He knew about you, my friend would read him reports of your doings across the sea. He was very proud of you."

Her hand froze, goblet halfway to her mouth as his quiet words settled in her, heavy and thick as sorrow wrapped around her throat and squeezed. She hadn't known she'd had any family left here while she'd been building and solidifying her power in the East. Had thought herself terribly alone. But she hadn't been. The knowledge that someone had been rooting for her despite not knowing her eased some of that old ache that had never fully healed after Viserys' death. She only wished she'd been able to meet him. Jon's dark eyes hadn't moved from hers as she'd worked through his words. A gentle, knowing smile flirted with his mouth.