seven - bri

"Just give me a clue. Is this your father? Your son? Or your holy spirit?" Greg jested. He keeps asking me who am I going to talk to. I'm just not in the mood to answer him because detention really really sucks. Miss Weems—or should I say Principal Weems left me 4 hours ago and she never came back. I wasn't really allowed to leave the school premise unless she lets me. But I have talked to the security and he told me that Principal Weems already left 4 hours ago. It's not that I want her to stay with me. Of course not. I just felt bored during my detention time.

I did not bother to answer. My mind is just focusing on constructing my words that I would tell Brienne. It makes me nervous and excited at the same time and I don't know why.

We reached Bri's Brew and I opened the door for Greg, "Come in. Sit down and I'll ask someone to bring you a drink. I'll go ahead to the counter." I instructed him.

"Yes, boss." he saluted.

I went to the counter and I was surprised seeing Ely coming out of the coffee making area.

"Aya!" she sqealed with a match of a huge grin, "How you are?!"

"Ely...hi." I waved a little. "You changed shift? Where's Mateo?" I asked while I was looking around.

Her expression changed, "Uhh...Ummm...He...H-He just—He went to school."

I raised my brow. I mean, no offense, Mateo does not look a student for me.

"He's still going to school?" I curiously asked.

"Yeah! Why not, right?" she giggled awkwardly, "Y-Your wound is...not so getting better." she sighed.

"Forgot to clean it." Reality, I forgot to go to our Principal!

"Hmm...I see. Umm...I—Anyways, what can I..get for you?" she wiggled her brows and then she glanced at Greg, "...and mind telling me who is that?" she interrogated. Not so Ely.

"Just a school friend. Can I get a vanilla latte with two shots for him?" I asked politely, "I'm learning the menu."

"You sure are. How about you?"

I took all the confidence hiding on my body. "Actually, Ely...is your boss there?" I quickly glanced away when I asked that. I saw her smirked from my peripheral vision.

"So...you're...getting my boss rathen than a cup of coffee?" she giggled, "I mean, I'd do the same. I would also choose Ser Brienne no matter what ha—"

"I just really wanna thank him." I cut her off, "Please?"

"I mean, sure...but it's very unfortunate." she pouted, "My boss works on weekdays so the boss is not here today. Depends though, but not here. Not now." she winked playfully.

My facial expression suddenly changed.

Ely squinted her eyes, "Don't tell me you like ser Brienne?!" she raised her voice a bit so I shushed her.

"Shhh... ok? Shh! I don't. I-It's..I—I'm...I wanna.." I breathe, "I just appreciated his help, that's all!" I said which is 100% sure. I think so.

She made face. She is obviously teasing me!

"Really. I really want to thank him." I nodded for myself, "Does he have a bruise too?"

"Yes, very dark in the eye."

"A black eye?! Oh no..." I slightly pouted. This is all my fault. "I wish I could heal it for him."