12

" WE   DID   IT! "

" NO,   YOU   DID   IT. "

"NO." You whispered, The Devourer spots you. You all stood still. "Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still..." Jay whispered, "Run!" You all made a run for it. Jay trips but he gets back up and runs. "Wait! Wait for me!" We all make it to the mech. "Fire up the engines. I said fire up the engines!" Kai yelled, "There's no wind. And we only have reserved fuel." Lloyd told him, "Use it." Nya says, Lloyd nods. The ninja makes it to the Destiny's Bounty.

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear," Jay says as The Great Devourer was getting closer. "Working on it. Blasters on full." Nya said as we took off. "Whoo-hoo! Take that, you stupid snake." Kai cheered but the snakes were getting even closer. "Uh, I think it heard you." You muttered. "Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us." "We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon."

"Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent." Zane tells Nya, "Never tell me the odds!" The snake goes to attack. "It's coming in for another attack. Port side." Cole tells us, "We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon." Lloyd frowned. "Throw everything overboard," Nya ordered, we all looked at her surprised.

"What?"

"We need to lose some weight." "Port side!" The ninja begins throwing out many things including a fridge only for the Devourer to eat it all and grow exponentially. The Great Devourer eats the things. "Man, he sure is hungry. Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before?" Your eyes widened. "The more it consumes, the bigger it gets. Don't throw anything else overboard." You told the others. Nya sighed, "Phew. We made it to Scattered Canyons. Hold on!"

"Ah, we lost him." The Devourer bites off an engine. "Abandon ship!" "Goodbye, old friend." They leave, and the Devourer swallows the Bounty. "Unh, it's gone." Cole frowned. "Oh, that was too intense. All that action makes you so thirsty." Kai sighs. "There's no time to rest. We need to warn people before it becomes bigger." Zane told us. "Bigger? Bigger!? That thing in one big bite crushed our entire ship! We need to save as many as we can. Uh, uh, we'll find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide. Ooh, the Serpentine Tombs. Yeah, they're underground. Sure, we'll be without sunlight for months, but they're perfect." Jay complained making Cole furrow his bushy eyebrows.