Chapter 2 ~ attempted date night

I dont really like this but i'll fix it tomorrow 😭😭

Comment :)

I hate being gay.

Not enough people talk about how much you can hate being gay.

And I get it, if we were to speak about the bad sides of being gay, we wouldn't have the rights we had now and the support from other people, as when I say it out loud it can often make me question why I am gay.

Straight people don't understand that you don't always just accept the fact you're gay, you don't always think about it as a good thing, you don't always want to be gay, and they don't understand the amount of money I would pay to just have been born straight.

It's easier being straight, I feel like that's just a known fact, and while people will joke around about how girls are better than guys and vice versa, I know that my life would be a hell of a lot easier if I was straight.

Don't get me wrong, most of the time I do love being gay. I love the community, I love being able to love who I love and I love that I met Carina because of it, but I just can't help that wish that I wasn't fucking gay.

I have supportive parents, I have friends that are supportive, I have a girlfriend, I have all the things that make people think being gay is easy but being gay isn't made amazing just because I haven't been kicked out because of it.

I've witnessed all of these things happening first hand. I've had my girlfriend move in with me because her mom wouldn't accept her, I've seen friends get into arguments with people simply because they're gay but just because I haven't gone through those 3 things, I'm supposed to just love that I'm gay?

Straight people will never see how easy they have it.

They can go to a party and just kiss a hot guy, and flirt with someone without having to make sure that they're gay first. They can go they're whole life without ever having to make it clear that they're straight, but I don't feel like I've ever stopped 'coming out'

When you meet someone you're basically straight until you tell them otherwise.

They'll assume that you like guys and will assume that you had your first kiss with a guy until you tell them you're gay but then when you tell them you're gay, they'll never talk to you the same way again, something will change.

And they'll complain about the one time they had this crush on a guy only to realise that he's gay and will go on and on about how it was his fault for not making everyone aware that he's gay, but it is expected of me to not look at a girl in that way until I've gotten confirmation that she's gay.

Straight people will tell you that they're ok with gay people as long as they don't make it their whole personality, but they make being straight their whole personality without even knowing it.

I leave my dorm with my girlfriend, but I won't show any sort of affection towards her if I think there's someone in the room who's going to judge us.

I will have to prove that I'm gay time and time again because in their eyes I don't look gay enoughbut if I were to ever tell a straight person they looked gay I would be attacked for making such accusations

The guys that have tormented me, saying that they can change me, the old men that get off of my sexuality, and the girls that've avoided me like they're going to catch my disease, the fucking list goes on but if you mention it to anyone they tell you to stop complaining because at least we can be gay.