Chapter 5 - It's a Start

A/N : ok, so the start of this may be shit, ive come to the realisation that i just cant write angry stuff but oh well. Oh and sorry for the long wait... my bad 😭

Carina's POV:

So... I know the point of me coming to Maya and my dorm was to talk to Maya, and you know... go inside the apartment but I have in fact been standing outside the door for the past 10 minutes rehearsing the possible conversations inside my head.

And I hate to break it to you, but I feel like none of the possible conversations have good endings.

Hence the fact I'm standing on this side of the door.

I just want to get into that apartment, talk to my girlfriend, and fix everything that's gone wrong.

Can't be that hard right?

I've just got to ask her what's wrong and apologise for the plethora of things that she'll tell me I've done.

Ok but in that process she'll apologise for the things that she's done too, like completely avoiding me and refusing to hang out with me.

Because I'm not a pushover, I'm not the only one in this relationship, Maya has done wrong things as well. Maya has upset me in the past and in the end, I was the one to apologise for something else she brought up.

It's like she's not even trying anymore. She's just given up trying to maintain our relationship.

Maybe she doesn't want one anymore?

It wouldn't surprise me.

With all the times she just tells me she wants space, and she wants me to leave her alone, maybe she just wants me to leave her alone forever.

Fuck.

Maya's POV

I know Carina is outside the door.

She's not exactly the quietest person in the world.

Once, we went into a Pizza Hut and she managed to knock over an entire stack of ceramic plates...

I've never seen so many people stare at me before.

It was funny nonetheless, the way that she just stood there like a lost puppy, trying not to burst out laughing at the sight of 10s of plates she smashed on the floor.

Well now that I say it, it's not that funny but in the moment it was, trust me.

But back to the point, Carina has been muttering to herself for like 10 minutes now and I feel bad interrupting.

I didn't want to eavesdrop accidentally, so I put my headphones in to lower the risk but after what felt like hours I finally heard a knock on the door interrupting my music.

Rising from the bed, I walked over to the door, opening it to the sight of a seemingly very angry or upset Carina, to be honest, I wouldn't know the difference between the two.

"Do you want to break up?" She echoed, looking me dead in the eye

"What?" Was the only thing I can summon out of my mouth

"Do you want to break up with me?" She repeated

A questionable chuckle leaves my mouth before I realise that she is serious.

"Break up?" I question "Why would we break up?"

"You tell me," she says

I can physically feel my heart beating. I feel as if I open my mouth I may throw up. The faint burning remaining on my arm intensifies as I reach with my other hand to hold it.