double life

thomas was stuffing his clothes into a large backpack along with anything else he might need. scott lay sprawled on his bed. he chucked a tennis ball up repetitively. the sound was beginning to get on thomas' nerves

"how long you going this time huh?"
he asked breaking the silence. his tone was laced with a little bitterness.

thomas sighed.
"scotty i'm sorry alright? but it's important that i keep contact with this uncle. after my dad he's basically all i've got left"

scott sighed and dropped the ball. he rubbed his face in his hands.

"i know, i know. the pack just misses you... yknow?"

thomas rocked onto his knees and kept his eyes trained on his clothes haphazardly shoved in. he soured a little at the comment. weather scott knew it or chose to ignore it the pack were not large fans of his.

"yeah... i'll be gone for about two months. i'm sorry man"

scott groaned in protest and rolled off thomas' bed, landing with a whump on the ground

"stileeeessss"
he whined. thomas shook his head.

"sorry man. i'm leaving in an hour. gotta say goodbye to my dad. say bye to the rest of the pack from me"

he then ushered scott out the house as fast as possible before going back to his room. he dropped onto his bed and pulled out his phone. he switched from one account on instagram to the other and went to the group chat

99+ new messages

mean hoe: GALLY U SAID U DELETED THAT PHOTO

eyebrows: HAHAHAHA. I COULDNT DO IT. ITS TOO FUNNY

limpy: come on we have to see the photo now!

mean hoe: PLEASE NO.

chef: oh come on. gally please

eyebrows: gotta give the people what they want.

greenie: out of the blue but i'm coming home in 6 hours x can't wait to see u newt

limpy: awww. u should have given us more warning though!

mean hoe: wow. just newt? where's my love and attention?

greenie: nowhere stfu x

mean hoe: ur such an ass. don't come back. newt replaced u already.

limpy: TAHTS SUHC BS U LITTLE SLINTHEAD

mean hoe: yeah talk to me when u can spell

thomas rolled his eyes in fondness before switching off his phone. he zipped up his back pack and jogged down stairs. he threw the bag in the back of his jeep before walking back in to the house.

"daddio! i'm going in five!"

he yelled. his dad soon descended the stairs.

"tom. you've barely even been here!"

he scolded pulling his son in for a hug.

thomas had told his dad everything about the maze. no one else though- it was easier not to talk about.  after being missing for three years it was harder to lie to his father than it was his former friends. his dad was suspicious from the get go: thomas didn't need aderoll anymore, nor did he respond to 'stiles' in the first two weeks  and clearly he didn't speak nearly enough.  he wouldn't tell the pack regardless of how much of a family they were supposed to be. although from what thomas could tell only about three of the 'pack' were truly his friends: scott, isaac and malia. the rest not so much.

thomas laughed into his dad's shoulder and gave him a strong pat on the back.

"you could come with. i'm sure they would love to meet you"

his dad pulled away and gave him a look.

"i think i'd have a heart attack if i found out what you kids did out there"

thomas couldn't exactly defend that. he shrugged and shot him a shit eating grin.

"it will remain a mystery then"

his dad chuckled before going more serious.

"i do think you need to talk to the pack though- it's like your living two lives- scratch that. you are living two lives"

thomas blinked before turning on his heel and leaving. pretending he couldn't hear what his dad kept saying. that was his motto: 'ignore a problem until it goes away' it had worked so far.

he waved his dad off -who didn't look impressed at his sons childishness-as he sped out their drive and down the dry roads.  the drive was familiar- thomas had done it time and time again, he welcomed that feeling of familiarity as he kicked dust down deserted and silent highways.  the sky was a canvas of white sparks  as it moulded with the dark hills around him.

-
-

it was the early hours of the morning when thomas finally came to a stop- his jeep slow king to a standstill on the gravel. he cracked his limbs as he exited the car- a large grin plastered on his face. the light in the room too left of the house switched on. a loud voice echoed round the house and after a few seconds at most the door burst open.

instantly thomas had his arms full of newt. he looked down on his boyfriend lovingly, newt returned the look. thomas kissed him softly- he missed the taste of the youngers lips. it had barely been a month and still. he pulled away and buried his face in the crook of newts neck pulling him closer into their embrace.

"missed you'

he mumbled- face still hidden. newt squeezed him a little

"missed you more"

thomas grabbed his bag and headed up to his and newts room, he lead newt by the hand with a permanent smile etched on his features. he dropped onto their bed. dragging newt with him as they stifled laughter in an attempt not to wake up anyone else.

thomas twisted himself so he was hovering over newt with a grin. he peppered kisses all over his face before kissing him softly.

"waited a month to do that again"
he mumbled as he flopped down next to the younger.

he pulled newt close and flicked off the light. too tired to change. newt didn't care he just moved closer if possible and the two fell asleep in each other's arms. that's how it was supposed to be.

updates are going to be shocking. SHOCKING. much like the first TMR/TW cross over i did. i mean there were month gaps. we move tho. we move. (not proof read)