back to normal

morning sunlight seeped in from the half closed curtains, spilling on to the two sleeping gladers.

thomas had his arm wrapped around newt protectively with his head buried in the blondes neck, his breathing was even and soft. the duvet was half off, only covering their lower half and their legs were intertwined.

newt was curled around his boyfriends arm, a ghost of a smile on his face as he leant further into the embrace. his eyes fluttered open momentarily and with a soft sigh he shuffled round in his place to face thomas.

the brunette made a grumble of annoyance and tightened his grip before relaxing again. they both stayed asleep.

minho was leant against their door frame watching them silently along with aris and gally.

"it's burning my eyes with how domestic they are"
aris mused. leaning against gally.

minho pulled a face.
"yeah they are sickeningly, tooth destroying sweet"

gally just rolled his eyes.
"i'm just glad those two are talking again. jesus it was bad when they weren't"

the other two hummed in agreement. for a moment they simply breathed a sigh of relief for their reunited gladers, looking at how content and peaceful they were now they were on better terms, now Thomas wasn't scared and now newt heard him out- sure it took a lot of talking the night before but they cleared everything up with a few tears- minimal arguing and a lot of hugs/kisses.

but for now they were relaxed and happy in one another's arms. then, minho clapped his hands.

"welp. just cause he's all lovey dovey again. doesn't mean he gets to miss out on our runs."

minho muttered

"time to wake cupid up"
he said ominously. aris shot him a half assed glare as if to say 'please don't do whatever you're thinking' but minho payed no mind.

he creeped into the room and grabbed a stray pillow which had somehow made its way to the floor during the night. he glanced back at gally who gave him a thumbs up. minho edged closer to thomas with a manic grin.

there was a slight hesitation, then,

"Wake up you lazy shank!"
he barked before repetitively smacking the glader with the pillow, thomas' arm went up instantly to block the blows out of reflex as he tried to get a hold of his bearings.

"ow! minho you bloody dickhead"
newt grumbled angrily as he shies away from the pillow. he got caught in the cross fire. thomas heaved himself up and draped his entire frame over the blonde as a shield.

"you're a shucking idiot"
thomas half shouted as he diligently protected his boyfriend. minho only laughed and continued his onslaught. eventually thomas had enough and leapt out the bed. pouncing on him with a yell.

"thomas i was only joking!"
minho begged as he scrambled down the stairs. thomas was hot on his trail.

"oh yeah. don't worry i'll only be joking when i knock your teeth out too"
he threatened as he tried to dive on minho. he completely missed and minho burst out into laughter. he dropped it as son as Thomas rose back up, snarling at Minho.

he bolted into the kitchen and to the other side of the table, panting lightly. thomas strode in with murder in his eyes. minho shot him a sheepish smile.

"i only did it so get you up for a run!"
he tried. thomas kept eye contact as he shoved on his shoes.

"let's go then."
he muttered, he began to move around the table, minho copying him- constantly keeping him at arms reach.  thomas side stepped to the left before spurring to the right. minho yelped and tried to get away, crashing into frypan as he did so. thomas chased minho out with spoons and cutlery being thrown at the twos heads as they left. 

minho barged out the front door. scrambling over the pavement and into the forest, Thomas kept at his heels, the two sprinted through the forest for a while, Thomas laughing manically at a terrified Minho. he was only in his pyjama bottoms, socks and shoes- his top forgotten in the heat of the matter.

soon enough Minho came to an abrupt stop, making Thomas slam into his back, Thomas rubbed his injured face and went to berate the runner but the scene in front of him pulled his attention.

it was the cliff Minho had dragged him to just the other day to go get drunk. in the daylight it lost its stars and shining moon along with the silent town with its flickering lights and instead hundreds of wildflowers grew around an old oak tree, Minho and Thomas silently took a seat at the edge, overlooking the bustling town, their breathing soon returned to normal as they sat enraptured by the view. Thomas took in a deep breath, his eyes had a small sheen over them, Minho just wore a content smile.

"im glad you two are back together again, it didn't feel the same when you weren't."
Minho mused, picking absentmindedly at the grass. Thomas gave a small huff of agreement.

"me too. I feel happier... lighter."

their previous dispute had been momentarily forgotten and they fell back into silence, staying side by side for a while, admiring the view and all the flowers. eventually Minho heaved himself up and popped his back before offering a hand to Thomas, he took it and hauled himself up. Minho was about to begin running back when Thomas stopped him.

"just a moment"

Minho tilted his head but stayed put, watching his friend as he went around picking all the yellow and orange flowers along with a small handful of blue ones too, he pulled off a bracelet he was wearing and wrapped it round the stalks before retuning to minhos side. Minho rose an eyebrow

"for newt, his favourite colours are yellow and orange- mine is blue."

Minho rolled his eyes but couldn't help the small smile that creeped onto his face.

"you guys really are sickeningly sweet"

and then he began to run back, Thomas gaped.

"wait who says that? Minho get your ass back here! who says that?!"

he tore off in pursuit, Minho only laughed.

okay... sorry uh, alarm clock did go off... three times... but I was a little preoccupied for a while. anywho its here and im sorry for the wait. there will be one more chapter after this one and then I think im done but I hope you enjoyed this (: