closeted

thomas and newt were tucked away in the school library, thomas was whispering into his ear making newt laugh quietly, thomas made a particular comment about a certain pack member and newts chocolate milk shot out his nose making the two erupt into laughter.

the library shot them a chilling look making the two duck down and sneak off to a new part. they rounded the corner still snickering, thomas' hand in newts, dragging him along.

"stiles?"
isaac muttered staring between the two and at their clasped hands. for a moment thomas thought of pulling away but newts grip tightened and thomas knew he couldn't do that.

he met isaac curious eyes- feeling better that it was just him.

"heyyy isaac, you know newt right?"

isaac nodded slowly. thomas swallowed glancing back at newt who smiled and squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"me and him are together- we have been for a while but i'd really appreciate it if you uh if you didn't tell anyone for a while"

isaac grinned, he walked forward and pulled both of them in for a bone crushing hug.

"yeah sure.... it's thomas right?"

thomas felt a flood of relief wash over him and nodded.

"well, yeah sure thomas- you and newt do look good together"

"it's true, we do"
newt agreed with a smile. the two fell into conversation together whilst thomas let his stiff posture relax- he realised how good it had felt to just... admit it.

eventually the bell rang signalling next period and they parted ways with large grins plastered on their faces. isaac promised newt to drop round soon so they could talk more which newt happily agreed to, his hand still clasped in thomas'

when they walked down the halls- their hands to themselves under thomas' weak pretence he needed both to carry his books. he turned to newt with a smirk.

"so you and isaac gonna be friends?"

newt nodded

"yeah. i have a feeling we are gonna be good mates"

thomas hummed in agreement and entered the chemistry classroom- he spotted gally near the back and he and newt headed over. scott didn't bother to keep the anger out his eyes as thomas blatantly ignored the spot he had so kindly saved.  once at the back the two resumed holding hands under the table of course- newt rolled his eyes but didn't let go.

scott glanced back at them, hoping to catch one of their eyes and scare them shitless but instead his gaze was drawn to a gap between the desks where he could make out their entwined fingers. his eyes flickered back up to Thomas and newt who were passing notes and snickering. scott clenched his jaw- 'if stiles is in a relationship, if hes even gay then as his alpha I have to know and put a stop to it' he thought before twisting back round in his seat, he looked up to see isaacs eyes on him. scott cocked his head in confusion- Isaac smelt of worry and a twinge of fear, he gave a weak smile back to his alpha before yanking out his phone.

after a few seconds there was a ding from the back, scott twisted round again as Thomas furrowed his eyebrows. he shook free of newts hand to respond.

Isaac: hey idk if it matters but scotts j seen u 2 holding hands- he reeks of anger. have u not told him??

Thomas: no... I didn't want to and I still don't want to. wtf do I do??

Isaac: idk say it was as friends, friends hold hands.

Thomas nodded to himself and showed newt the messages, he just shrugged looking put out and turned away from him. thomas' shoulders sagged- he didn't want to lie, really he didn't but scott couldn't know. there was enough problems already and it was clear at least a few of the pack were homophobic after their last brawl  that was clear. he let his head fall into his hands and scrunched his eyes shut- willing himself to come up with a plan.

-

when the bell signalled the end of the day Thomas dragged newt out a back entrance, ducking and weaving through the hoards of people. they finally popped out a back entrance and Thomas made a beeline to the jeep, leading newt by the hand. he hadn't really explained anything to newt who had been trying to get his attention for a few minutes. finally he ripped his hand back and stood stubbornly. the soft wind tousled his hair slightly. his lips were pulled down int a grimace.

"tommy!"

Thomas whirled round and jogged back to him. he tried to grab his hand again but newt shifted away from his reach.

"cmon, lets go"

Thomas tried but newt looked pissed.

"wanna tell me why we are sneaking around like being together is a crime? you took me through a back entrance like you were ashamed of me. what the bloody hell was that about"

Thomas looked appaled at the idea and stepped forward into newts personal space.

"no, what no of course not! newt I swear that's not it but it is another thing that will lead to a torrent of questions I cant answer"

he tried to reason but newt was not having it in the slightest.

"you don't have to answer any questions! you don't answer any of their questions now! why on earth would that change just because were together?"

scott stepped into view, a frown plastered on his face.

"This true stiles? you and... whats-his-name"

Thomas swallowed looking between the two. he was so stuck on what to do now. on one hand he wanted to yell 'yes! I love him' because it was the truth and he hated making newt so uncomfortable. but on the other hand he didn't know if he was ready to deal with all of them, and the abuse soon to follow. he looked down from newts questioning gaze.

"yeah tommy, tell him"

he invited bitterly.

Thomas hung his head low, just from that stance newt knew what path he had chosen and sighe angrily.

"no... we're- we're not. hes.. just a friend"

newt scoffed and stormed away, pushing roughly past Thomas.

"yeah see you later Adrien agreste"

he yelled over his shoulder, newt spotted Isaac and jogged to him, asking for a lift, Isaac nodded- concern on his features- and they got in his car, Isaac shot a questioning gaze to Thomas who turned away again. guilt and self hatred boiling in his gut as the car peeled out, newt didn't even glance his way. scott placed an arm on his shoulder and led him to the side.

"good. anyway theres a pack meeting tonight and- stiles?!"

Thomas ripped away from him and sprinted to his jeep, the others already there and waiting with pissed expressions and expectant ones. Thomas chucked the keys to Minho without a word and jogged to the woods. he needed to clear his head.

he ignored the yells from the gladers and stepped into the undergrowth.

i really need to get better at updating. if someone wants to act as an alarm clock and go off within a week it would be greatly appreciated.