eight

I had made some seeds and fruits for Aonung when he had come in from hunting with his father, it was when he was most stressed, I had realised there was a pattern with that.
"Laya?" I turned to the open in my marui and saw him, he was hesitant to come in.
"I made you some food. I already ate." I told him, standing myself up and brushing myself off, he looked at my actions and his eyes focused on my wrist for a little bit longer, hie eyes flickered up to mine, hardened.
"Did I do that?"
I was about to answer him when Tsierya appeared in the doorway.
"Jake is wounded."
I grabbed my pastes and healing products and ran past Aonung and after Tsierya, who was running towards the Sully's pod where I heard Jake's groans.
She stopped in the doorway and I entered, he was sat up, holding his arm in pain.
"What happened?" I questioned Tonowari, who was also in the pod, assuring Jake the pain would go away.
"His Skim-wing threw him off." He told me.
I sat down opposite Jake and pulled his arm to me lightly.
"Can you help him Laya?" Tuk asked whilst clinging on to Neytiri.
"Of course I can." I smiled and grabbed some paste.
"This one may sting Jake, but it will be the most effective." I explained.
"Cover me in it." He groaned and I applied the paste to the wound, he gripped my arm in response.
"Laya is learning to become Tsahìk when Ronal and I step away, Aonung and her will be mated and rule the clan." Tonowari explained. Jake's eyes flickered up to mine and I forced a fake smile on my face.
"They're going to be mated?" Jake asked, his eyes not leaving mine.
"That is the ruling." I murmured.
"It has been scripted for many years." Tonowari nodded.
"And is that what you want?" Neytiri asked me and I looked at her with a smile as Tonowari examined the wound on Jake.
"I think he is all done." Tonowari clapped.
"What do you say Jake Sully? Shall we go again?" He laughed and Jake let go of my arm, giving a small laugh before nodding.
"I'm in."
"I will see you all bright and early tomorrow." I smiled at them all as Tonowari and Jake left.
"Could you help me with the fire?" Neytiri gestured to her cooking layout and I looked at Tsierya.
"Tse'a nga mawkrr." See you later. I told her and she nodded with a smile, saying her goodbyes as I sat down in front of Neytiri, Tuk scrambled off her lap and next to Kiri, who sat watching us inquisitively.
"So you want too... attach this." I grabbed the side of the stand and attached it to the front.
"And then..." She placed her hands over mine.
"I know how to do it Laya." She whispered.
"I cannot believe you're said to mate with him." Lo'ak hissed and his brother patted him.
"Calm it baby bro." Neteyam pulled his queue and Lo'ak hissed at him.
"I was in the same situation back in the forest." Neytiri explained.
"It is your life."
"It has already been decided for me."
"That's bullshit." Lo'ak interrupted and his mother turned around, scolding him.
"Eywa decides. You decide." She told me.
"Thank you." I nodded and climbed to my feet.
"I must get back as it's getting dark now." I explained.
"Think about what I said my child." Neytiri stood up and offered me a hug. I took it and felt myself tear up.
Ronal was not exactly the comforting mother figure, Neytiri understood me.
She felt me.
She felt my pain.
"Nga pe'un." You decide.