fourteen

"The ocean blessed you with a gift brother." Kiri nodded as we all sat in a circle the next morning and listened to Lo'ak tell his events of after Aonung, Maro and Tisil had left him stranded by three brothers rocks.
"I wish I'd have been there." She added and I saw a look of confusion cross aAonung's face.
"But the Tulkun have not returned yet." Aonung frowned.
"And anyway, no Tulkun is ever alone." He continued and his sister nodded, agreeing with him.
"This one was." Lo'ak looked at me and I nodded.
"He had a missing fin too." Lo'ak explained and I watched as Rotxo and Aonung shared a glance.
"Payakan." I told them and they gasped.
"It can't be." Tsierya shook her head.
"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked.
"A young Tulkun that went rogue. He killed Na'vi, and other Tulkun."  Aonung looked around, letting everyone know the story of Payakan.
"Not here, but far to the south." Aonung explained.
"He's outcast." I turned to Lo'ak, who looked at me with confusion.
"He's no killer." Lo'ak shook his head.
"You are lucky to be alive Lo'ak." Tsierya told him.
"I'm telling you guys, he saved my life."
"He's my friend." Lo'ak held onto my arm and I nodded.
"He saved his life." I told them.
"He is a killer." Rotxo looked at Aonung, who then looked at me with an unreadable expression.
"No. He's not like that." Lo'ak shook his head.
"Think about this guys, if Payakan was a killer, Lo'ak would not be here right now." I explained and they all fell silent.
"Ah my brother, the mighty warrior who faced the killer Tulkun and lived to tell about it." Neteyam put his hands on Lo'ak's back and Lo'ak shook him off.
"You're not listening." Lo'ak sighed, frustrated.
"Lo'ak-" Kiri called and I stood up as he did.
"No I-I'm listening!" Tuk told her brother but he stormed off the rock and dived into the water, I followed after him and swam to him, which was easy considering he was still learning.
"Did you forget i can catch up?" I smiled and teased him.
"Why don't they believe me?" Lo'ak turned around, not in the mood for any jokes.
"It's just the story of Payakan Lo'ak." I told him, a sad smile on my face.
"He's outcast." I sighed.
"How is that fair?" He replied.
"It is just... the way of things." I tried to tell him and he scoffed, shaking his head.
"Will you take me to him?" I asked and he turned to me.
"You want to see him again?" Lo'ak frowned and i nodded.
"Take me."
A smile formed on his lips as he nodded, he called for his ilu, I swam onto the back of him and Lo'ak pulled my thigh closer to him, making sure I was on.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Let's go." I smiled.