Chapter One Backstory

Rose's POV
It had been three years since Steve found me in the plains, and we've become best friends. I don't remember my past if I even had one, but what I can remember are the memories of the past years, or more specifically ever since Steve found me.

Steve and I live in a small village named Alamora (Al-a-more-a), with our friend Herobrine. Steve and I met Herobrine two years ago when he was lying deathlike by the gate of the village covered in blood. Herobrine said he didn't remember anything that happened to him before that, just like me. Steve and I took care of Herobrine when no one else would. Everyone feared outsiders (in fact many still do), ever since 'it' happened.

"Rose? You ok, you seem distant?" Steve says with a worried tone.

"Just thinking" I reply still deep in thought. I feel like something bad was going to happen, but that's been happening for the past few weeks now and nothing's happened...

Steve opened his mouth to say something, but I already know what he's going to say. I quickly reply "Life."

Steve understood me, even when I made no sense. I guess that's what happens when you live with another person you're whole life. "We'll find your past someday, and Herobrine's, but right now we gotta live life to the fullest, because one day it could all end." Shortly afterwards Steve questioned, "I'll always be there for you, you know that right?" Steve and I were quiet for what seemed like forever after that.

"I know Steve. It's just, I wanna know what my past was like, or if I had one." I sigh heavily as I get up.

"Where are you going?" Steve questions as he got up to join me.

"Going to see Herobrine, lately he's been.. distracted."

"What do you mean, Rose?" Steve said in a somewhat worried tone.

"Well, he hasn't been talking as much, and he spends much more time in his room." I reply. "I hate to see him like this." Poor Herobrine, I hope he's ok. He's been my friend for ages.

Flashback: 5 years ago
I was out buying some food in the local market place, when I overhear two women talking. "Have you seen that man outside the gate?"

"The one that was found bleeding?" The second one questioned.

"Yea, I heard he's still there now..." I was eager to listen to the rest of their conversation, but I knew the man could be dieing out there. How could anyone be so selfish as to leave him there to bleed out?

I ran as quickly as physically possible to get there. When I got to the gate I saw what I only saw in nightmares, next to the gate lay a bloody boy laying in his own blood. His brown hair was bloody It looked like his skull had cracked open and his bones were twisted in inhuman positions. I had never seen anything like this in my life. The doctors said I was lucky, he would've died if I didn't get there when I did. He was out for five whole weeks.

"My name's Herobrine." Herobrines hazel eyes flew open as he spoke.

"Mine's Rose" From then on we became the best of friends, Herobrine, Steve, and I.

End of flashback

"Rose?" I snap out of my train of thought instantly. "You didn't answer my question.." He said in a disappointed tone.

"Uh yea, sorry. Repeat it?" I said hopefully.

"Will you.." Steve started, but couldn't finish because one of the townsmen ran up to him screaming at the top of his lungs. (A/n I wonder what he was going to say. >:D)

"SIR! THERE'S SOMETHING HAPPENING IN THE TOWN SQUERE!" He yelled urgently. "What is it, James?" Steve's a very well known warrior, some would go far enough to say 'Steve's a legend'. He's fought many monsters across the lands, lately it's been peaceful, so this is unusual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter, it took longer then I thought it would but all good things come with patience!! Next one out soon!!
Bye guys!