Chapter 2

The drive home was filled with conversation and laughter as the both of us carried on with out chat. I don't have a favourite parent, but yet I feel like I can tell Dad anything since he understood me. I couldn't be more than grateful to have my Dad as...well, my father. When he finally parked in the garage, he told me that if I wanted to learn my true power, I'd have to go through the most torturous thing he never recommended me to do. Homework. I resented at first, but after a moment of silence I reluctantly went inside slamming the door violently.

All I've been waiting for this whole day is to learn how to become a warlock. I had obstacles of Math, Science and other school work to deal with, yet now I'm home at last to only drag myself into more hellish work. I went to my room and sat down at my desk, digging into my bag and grab my laptop, placing it on the desktop. Most of our homework is sent to us on of computers, but unfortunately we still had the paper work to do.

I logged onto my laptop and went to my emails, immediately finding the bucket list of work that Ms Fulke sent us. 'That piece of-'

I groaned as I saved it into my files and began doing my homework. It was painful and brain killing, I never saw the point in doing homework when there's thousands of revision sessions at school. School doesn't test your knowledge, they test your memory. Teachers only repeat their lessons so you can memories their seventy minute lecture. It took me thirty minutes to complete my math homework, half the reason was I dozed off a little. Without finishing the rest, I went out of my files and entered crunchyroll. Most people my age usually consider anime just for children, but that's absolute rubbish. Say that anime is just like a silly kids cartoon and a weeb would beat your arse.

As I was watching an episode of Demon Slayer, my door suddenly burst open as I jumped out of my chair.

"Dad, what the hell?!" I yelled, "you scared the life outta me!" He leaned on the doorframe, giving me a stern look.

"And you're suppose to be doing your homework," Dad stated coldly. I sat back down and sighed, my heartbeat not slowing down.

"I'll do it later..." When I get home, I usually just relax and do my homework in the school library before roll class begins. "Y/n, do your work now. I'm not asking." I looked at my father, not daring to let a grin appear on my face.

"Does Mum know about the car rally?" I asked as I almost laughing seeing Dad's horrid expression.

"You wouldn't dare..." he muttered, his stern look turning into a cold glare. I leaned over grabbing my phone and Dad soon looked worried.

"Teach me one thing, and I won't tell her." Mum hated car rallies and thought they were dangerous, while Dad on the other hand was the complete opposite. He's even taken me to five. My father crosses his arms, knowing that I was only bluffing.

When I actually wasn't.

I'll admit, car rallies are fun but...I could be doing something better. I brought the phone to my ear, waiting patiently for her to pick up. Dad looked like he was panicking, when I heard her pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mum."

"Sweetie, is everything ok?" I looked over at my Dad as I kept talking. "Oh everything's fine. I just wanted to know if Dad told you."

"Told me what?"

"That he-"

Just then, my phone what suddenly snatched out of my hand. I was about to grab it again when I froze, watching it levitate in the air while Dad had his hand up like he was controlling it. He grabbed it and brought it to his ear.

"That I'll be cooking dinner," he said. I couldn't hear what my mother was saying, but Dad hung up and threw my phone on the bed.

"You're a little shit, I hope you realise that," he scoffed, only then noticing my dumbfounded expression. My jaw hung as I couldn't believe that just happened.