Chapter 11

Y/n POV:

Long story short, we had arrived at the wrong fucking time. The place was flooding with people trying to get a park. Some dick was right on our rear the whole time and tried to even steal our park once someone finally moved.

Mum got me to take a photo of his number plate.

But with all seriousness, the place was hectic and when I mean hectic, I mean a GyG that has just opened up. Fun little story, a GyG actually opened near the grocery store down the road. Busy? No, that's an understatement. Police had to be called to control the traffic. And we weren't even going to the grocery store; we were going to the shopping centre. More stores, more restaurants, more everything. That includes bookstores. "Mum," I said while we stepped out of the elevator. "I'm gonna go off, just call me when we're leaving."

"Ah, no, you're here to help me, not run off. Are you gonna meet up with friends or something? It better not be Josh, he's a bad influence." Her voice grew sterner by the second.

The urge to roll my eyes lingered at the back of my mind. "I'm just going to the bookstore; I won't be long."

"Y/n...are you serious meeting up with some friends?" Code: "are you meeting up with a girl?"

"Mum!" She had been good for the last few days; she hadn't even breathed the word "girl" after our little...argument. Now it was starting up again, small till it grows overtime. Like a mole or something, I don't know.

"For God sake, no I'm not meeting with anyone. Why can't you just trust me?" I didn't even let her finish and just walked off. The shopping centre was gigantic and dazzling. This place was built years back, yet it seems so modern.

This was probably the most popular shopping centre in the suburb, and no there was no reason for it to be, it just was. Funny though, how this place is well known, at least 4 stories tall and only had two bookstores. I checked the school and public library enough times to lose count and the closest bookstore was here. It honestly took longer than expected to even find one of the bookstores until I recalled one being close to the cinema and made my way here.

Yes, this was a big shopping centre.

It might seem dumb to say aloud, but reading is actually more relaxing that you'd expect it to me. But it all depends on the type of book you decide to read.

Once I entered, I didn't hesitate to go close to the "true story" section, the excluded area right up in the back of the store. Y/n, no matter what you do, just stay away from the booktok girls. There were tons of books that seemed so addicting to read. There was an autobiography from Elton John, there was Talking to Serial Killers by Christopher Berry-Dee. Heck, you know that movie called The Slenderman? I didn't even know it was a book till now.

I know that looking at the description won't give me a straight answer, which is why I always hope there is an author's note or acknowledgment. Well...I actually don't read the acknowledgments, until now.

So, there I was, a little bookworm curled up in the corner of a bookstore while reading anything connected to "warlocks". Yes, I finally found something. How funny, if you ask me, the only place that has something related to warlocks is a book I have to pay for. The library's need to get those sticks out of their arses before it actually kills them cause they don't have jack shi-

"No," I thought aloud and focused on each page, "just calm down, don't...don't worry."

While reading this book, I...was disappointed. It only had one chapter about warlocks while the rest was either magic or witches. Witches, meaning warlocks but a chick. It didn't say much besides their origin and how we don't need a magic stick. Warlocks and witches? Again, the library's aren't all so useful. This book however was very abnormal, and you can tell by its cover. The cover was leather the colour of ebony, while golden writing on the spine was drawn in tongues. The price was probably $24.00, which is so dumb. The book didn't seem to be touched, let alone cared for as it sat on the shelf to dust.