• 𝐈 •

Pen pals....it seemed like such a corny thing, almost like a elementary or middle school thing, right?

For Y/N her this was exactly her perspective, who would want to talk to someone she would just meet, not even face to face, to not know thier interest or what they look like, kind of pointless...

Her teacher had assigned them a random student throughout their school (in the same grade level of course) because according to their administrators "reaching out to someone and talking with them about your day can help with your mental stability" doesn't change the fact that this whole 'pen pal' thing is stupid.

Students could either remain anonymous or state their name, only the teachers knew who was truly writing to who.

Y/N was assigned an anonymous writer, to which she wasn't very amused by.

'What the hell am I supposed to say? Hello? Howdy??'

Y/N struggled to find the right words to greet the mysterious person so she turned to her friend.

"Psst...Enna..."

The girl who she addressed to wasnt aware of her calling, so she continued to write.

"Enna!" Y/N silently yelled to her friend who then turned her way.

"What's up?" The girl with blonde hair with a stripe and tips of it dyed blue responded.

"How would you start of a letter to someone who's completely anonymous??" She questioned.

Enna sat and thought about her companions question for a second.

"I don't know really, just greet them or sum?" She finally responded.

Y/N's hands slid up the table slowly as her head hit the table as well.

"Your just as clueless as me...I'm fucked..." Y/N said with dispare in her tone.

"You got an anon too?" Y/N looked to her blue and black haired friend who held up his paper.

"Yep...how are you starting yours Hex?" Y/N questioned.

"Well greet them obviously, but just keep it subtle, ask them about their interests and about their studies you know? Dont get too deep into the convo until you get their letter back" Hex said.

"You know, I feel like as much as we tease you about being the group therapist, you should truly be one, I feel like you solved my mid life crisis with just that sentence" Y/N said with a sigh of relief as Enna and Hex laughed about it.

Y/N picked up her pen (to be proper) and started writing on her paper...

Dear fellow... "ew"

Y/N ripped her paper only to grab a new one.

"Messed up already...?" Hex asked looking over to Y/N

"Shut it." She said focusing on the paper again.

Dear anonymous,

    I hope this letter finds you well, how's your day going? I hope it's going great, and if not, look ahead, things are sure to get brighter. I'm not a great socializer, but I truly hope to get to know you more regardless. What are some of your past times? What's something your interested in that some people dont enjoy as much as you do? I wish to stay anonymous to really keep that sense of need to figure out who we are, it would make for a scene right out of one of those really corny shoujo mangas but without all the love stuff you know...anyways, again, I hope this letter finds you well, I hope for your response soon!

                                                              - Sincerly,
                                                        Your penpal :)

"anddddd done" Y/N said as she wrote her last period vigorously.

"That's all your writing?? You can do better than that" Enna said grabbing Y/N's paper.

"If you think that you can right it for me" Y/N said with a smirk.

"In your dreams idiot" Enna replied.

.

.

.

"your so lame"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

starting new books >>>>
finishing the most gut wrenching,
cliff hanging, plot twisting stories
of all time

anyways, enjoy the short chapter stories
for ike :>

have a lovely day/night!

Lilly, out! <3

|| Word Count : 668 [Including A/N note]||