chapter four

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named Atasha who lived in a beautiful white castle made in limestones, surrounded by huge gardens. She is the epitome of beauty; soft skin, long black hair, and stunning blue eyes.

Princes from neighboring kingdoms are competing for her attention, sending expensive gifts, inviting her to balls, and treating her like a goddess. They will do anything just to express their love for the Princess.

But for her, money can't buy love. Love comes naturally and is more significant than material things... It is a bond between two individuals. How they understand, care for, and support each other when times are tough. True love has no status or boundaries, as she realized when she fell in love with a simple farmer.

Luan, her childhood friend and the son of her personal handmaiden, has won the Princess' heart. They had known each other since they were five years old, had grown up together, and had eventually fallen in love.

She doesn't care about wealth or status. What she really wants is to marry the person she truly loves and start a family together. It's a simple wish, but hard to reach.

The king is not pleased with their relationship. "You are a disgrace to our family," he exclaimed. Marrying a commoner is considered disgraceful by the royal family because a royal should be married to a fellow royal, but the Princess is not as weak as they believe. She is determined to fight for her love with all her might.

She disobeyed her father's wishes and announced that she would step down as the Princess of their kingdom, wishing to live a simple life away from her family's wealth and glamour..

The king was enraged. He ordered his men to arrest Luan and...

"And? Angel... And?"

"And the King... uhm— the King has forgiven them, and they lived happily ever after, The End."

"Eh?! Is that really what happened?" you exclaimed, your gaze fixed on the Angel devil's eyes.

The young devil averted his eyes and cleared his throat. "Yeah."

"You're not good at lying, Angel." You said and pointed at a word. "De—de—ah—thee... death. That's death, right? How can they live happily ever after if there's death in the last chapter?"

"You're too close. It's dangerous," Angel said, diverting the conversation. You quickly scoot to the side, giving him space.

"Is here okay?"

"Yeah."

"Angel, look at me. Tell me that's really the ending," you said, putting your hand on your waist. Angel shook his head slowly as he looked at you.

"Then what's the ending?"

"You're excited to read this, and the ending is not what you expect."

"Is it sad?" You asked. Angel remained silent and just nodded his head.

"I want to know, Angel."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." The angel devil sighed and looked at the last page of the book. 

The King was enraged. He ordered his men to arrest Luan and sentenced him to death. On the day of his execution, the soldiers were lined up, readying their arrows. "Would you like to say your final words, commoner?" The chief soldier asked.

"I never once regretted falling in love with the Princess, and if I could go back in time, I would do it again in a heartbeat... She is the most amazing girl that I've ever met, and I am very honored that she accepted a commoner like me in her heart. Princess Atasha, I, Luan, son of Aldineo, a farmer, and Therese, a handmaiden, will forever love you. Even in our next life, I will always choose you."