chapter five

"Angel!" You happily greeted him. As Angel turned around, his hair was blown by the wind. Everything went in slow motion as you watched his beautiful face slowly form a smile.

"y/n! Good morning."

"You're here!" You said as you happily marched towards him. You stopped five feet away from him and showed the curry buns in your hand. "Tah-dah!"

"Of course, we promise to meet, right?"

It's been three months since you and Angel first met, and for the first time in your life, you finally have something to look forward to. All the beating, the pain, and the sadness magically fade away every time you see him standing under that big old tree, waiting for you.

Angel, on the other hand, is as happy as you are. This is the first time in a long time the young devil feel alive again. Everything that people say about him is meaningless now. What matters now to him is you... Only you. And if god permits, he wanted to stay by your side forever.

"Hey, Angel." You called. You are now both sitting under the tree, munching your curry buns.

"Hmm..." he hummed as he shifted his gaze to you.

"Close your eyes."

"Why?" He asked, tilting his head to the side while biting the curry bun.

"Just do it... and no peeking!"

Angel didn't say anything and just obliged. He closed his eyes and waited for your next instruction.

You excitedly put your hand inside your pocket to get something. "You can open your eyes now."

The angel devil slowly opened his eyes and saw you dangling a small toy in your hand. It's a small plushie of you and him, holding each other's hands.

"I—I made this for you. I found some scrap fabrics and decided to make you a gift. This is my thank you for all the things you did to me, and since I can't touch you, I made this plushie of us holding hands."

The Angel devil's eyes widened in surprise as his lips couldn't help but form a smile. "This is the first time someone gave me a gift." He said and carefully extended his hands.

Angel took a closer look at the plush toy that you placed in his palm. Even though it was made from scraps, it is well-made. "I'll keep it forever, y/n. Thank you!"

You peered at him to see his reaction, and your heart began to race. He's smiling from ear to ear, and it's gorgeous... He's gorgeous. "I wish I could reach out and touch you, Angel."

Angel flinched and looked at you. "There's a way, but I'm afraid to risk it."

"Why?"

"I don't want to make a mistake and take your lifespan, y/n."

"Then we'll be careful!"

"But..."

"Please?"

Angel stares at your e/c eyes, and sees how eager and excited you are. After a few seconds, he sighed in defeat. "Fine but this will be the first and last, y/n."

"Okay!"

"Do you have your gloves with you?"

"Ah yes, yes." You said and took your small bag. You then opened them and took the gloves that Angel gave you before. You handed it to him, and Angel put them on.

"This may not be a direct contact, but with this cloth, in between, I can touch you." He said and laid his hands in front of you.

You lowered your gaze and looked at his palm before returning your gaze to him. "May I?" You asked, and Angel gently nodded.