Corazón

I opened my eyes to a blurred darkness. I rubbed my eyes, gaining my sight of a bed sitting beneath me, and Finney sleeping against the headboard. I slowly traced my fingers across his face, pulling any loose strands to the side as I heard him snore lightly.

"Ahh, finney, what am I gonna do with you."

My quiet footsteps wondered in the morning sunlight, grabbing a random mug and placing it on the coffee put. "Morning, jackass." I rolled my eyes, ignoring Vance's entrance and bringing in a chair. It had been around a year or so since we first moved in,  with flooding memories of our home. I liked to think of it like that. Like our little family.

"-robin, dude, stop being creepy." Vance slumped a piece of toast at me, hitting me across the face and allowing crumbs to fall around my cheek. I wiped them off in disgust, throwing it back at Vance as he chuckled. "Yo, Finn's birthday is coming up."  Vance reminded, reciting the lines Bruce had secretly told him.

"Yep, I know."

"What'd you get?" He asked, almost reminding me of the mischievousness of the Cheshire cat. "Um, that's a surprise" I faltered, earning a pitched groan from Vance. "Eww don't say your gonna like tie yourself up or something please don't I'll actually cry." Vance pleaded, sighing in relief as I plastered a "what the fuck?" Look on my face.

"No, I'm not-"

"Morning, fellas." Billy interrupted, grabbing my coffee pot and setting it next to me as he scratched his neck. "So, when we getting ready for his party?"

Vance shrugged, glancing at me for the answer. "Uh, that's a Bruce question, ask him. " I notified, rewarded with a slight nod and Billy turning in the direction of Vance's room. "-Or don't, Bruce is not a morning person." Vance justified, stopping Billy in his tracks.

"...okay then."
-
-
"Finneyyyy" Rhmmm.... No... don't wake me up. Please.

Of course he didn't listen, he just pulled me out of bed. "NnNOOOO" I screamed, grabbing onto the bed frame as he pulled on my legs. "S-stop-" He muttered between groans, trying to pull me from the sheets.
"Stop being so stubborn, angel!" Robin countered, instantly falling to the ground as I  let go.

"Ahhh, angel." I smirked, rubbing our cheeks together. "I love angel." I commented, grinning and pulling myself up.
-
-
Finney sat on my back, pressing his bare chest against the skin. "So, what're we doing for my birthday?" He asked, rubbing my back as I slipped Nike's on. "Oh, umm we don't know yet, but Bruce probably has something in mind." I informed, grabbing hold of my shirt and tearing it off, surprisingly not hitting finney in the face with it.

"So let's go ask Bruce." Finney replied, sliding off my back and lounging towards the door. "Actually, that's not a good idea, Bruce isn't good with mornings." I told, pulling him back by his hand and slipping down  the zipper to his pants. He yawned quietly, putting on a concerned expression. "Since when? Bruce gets up at like the ass crack of dawn." He revolted, stepping out of his old pants and picking out some new ones. I slipped on a new shirt while he was doing so, grabbing a sweater for finney and planting it over his head as he shut our drawer.

"That's just a sign that Bruce is tired. Probably because of something Vance did." I said, hoping he would catch on to my intervention. "Ohhhh." He mouthed, pulling a necklace on and plopping back down on my back. "TO THE KITCHEN, SOLDIER!" He screams, pointing his lengthy fingers towards the entrance of the kitchen through our open doorway.

"Uh- aye, aye, captain?"
-
-
"Soo, Bruce, are you tired?" Finney antagonized, bumping Bruce on the shoulder as he sipped his coffee. He had a huge "get the fuck away from me" look on his face, that everyone visually saw, just decided to test their limits and ignore it. "Don't antagonize him, Finn." Vance warned, patting him on the back and ruffling his hair. "When he's grumpy he likes to bite."

I rolled my eyes, grinning at Vance's hopes to make Bruce even more mad, which somehow worked. Bruce glared at him, then down at his legs, then back at Vance. He backed up quickly, trying to keep a tough look on his face. I choked over a laugh, trying to think of something to say. "So, uh, chief. Whatcha thinking we do for Finn's bday?" I interrogated Bruce, instantly lighting up his eyes.

"Oh, right! My baby is 19 now" Bruce sobbed with a frown, patting finneys head and squeezing him in a big hug. "Welp, that changed  his mood." Vance muttered, earning a smirk from me. "For sure." -
"So, I was thinking...and hear me out guys." Bruce stalled, earning everyone's attention besides griffin, who was pestering Zamora. (Their cat)

"I was thinking we could go back to Denver, and...have a party." Bruce winked at me, earning a side eyed glare and me mouthing, "Shut up."

Finneys eyes darkened, as everyone let out quiet huffs. "Urgh- I-I don't think that's a good idea, Bruce.." Griffin faltered, stopping suddenly from his ignorance. "Well-"

"Yea, I agree with him. I can't go back there." Billy interfered, shaking his head knowingly as he picked up Zamora. "Guys! It's Finn's birthday, and don't you think we need to go back to refresh our good memories?" Bruce argued, earning a troubled sigh from all the boys. "Fine." We all agreed. Now it was time to ask gwenny.
-
-
Turns out, Gwen really wanted to! She wanted to see dixie and Donna. "Great!"

By the time we got back home our stomachs were secretly grumbling and knotting in worry. It's hard to think that we ever even left this place. Bruce seemed happy the whole time, but boy could I blame him. There was nothing wrong with his family, he just left to support us. He must miss them so much.

As for me, well..this town brought too many of the negative thoughts enter my head,  and too many memories.

But it was "oh such a good plan." To "visit our old home." To ol' Bruce.