14. Appointment

Lolark, Nikhil, and Ananya were well aware of the man in the picture. The news was sensational after all. Who did not know him? Every police on the earth are aware of him.

But what's shocking was — him being..alive!

"Are you seeing what am I seeing?" Lolark was shocked and if we analyze him on more clear terms, it'd be an understatement. He couldn't believe his eyes. That was something beyond his head.

"Yes," Nikhil whispered, replaying the video. Ananya recovered from the shock long ago and is now looking at both the men who are in a shocked state.

"Isn't that Sheik who was declared dead by CBI Mumbai Branch?" Lolark frowned, still in shock, looking at the video on repeat telecast as of it is a tape recorder.

He doubted his vision and wanted to confirm!

"Yes, the one who was said to be involved in human trafficking," Nikhil murmured, looking at the video, again, with keen interest. Almost a year ago, it was a worldwide case involving thousands of girls being human trafficked through Mumbai to Malaysia over the past so many years. It was a piece of sensational news in India at that time.

There were candle marches and strikes all over the country.

Sheik was said to be the right-hand man of the main boss in the underworld mafia. Sheik was a few months ago and trailed to have had suicide in jail. While some people cursed that he had such an easy death, some of them thought it was good he died.

His suicide was also a piece of national wide news at that time and now looking at him all alive and talking on the video, it shocked them to the core.

"And his other teammates and boss were still on run," Lolark passed more information, remembering the case that was closed due to mysterious reasons after his suicide before it was transferred to Delhi Branch.

Nikhil nodded in agreement, "And the case that was transferred to Delhi Branch had no use."

"Exactly! But it will be useful now. We need to re-open the case and this video is enough evidence to do that," Lolark said. He was true, though. There wouldn't be a long process to reopen the case. At least, not as long as it was would be if it was still in the hands of the Mumbai Branch lying actively even if it's closed.

"Perfect! We'll do that, " Ananya murmurs. She was about to call Ashwanth when Lolark stopped her.

"Not at the moment, Ananya. Even if you call Ashwanth sir now, he'd tell us off for meddling in a local case. He'd insist on seeing tomorrow only. Waste of time calling him," Lolark stopped her from calling Ashwanth. He was saying the fact. Ashwanth although looked helpful from out if it's anything that isn't related, exactly related to CBI, he'd never appreciate anyone involved in such cases.

"It's better you investigate by yourselves," he suggested. Nikhil nodded in agreement and Ananya had no chance but to shrug and nod in agreement too.

"What about Sameera and Varsha if every one of us will go?" she asked the oblivious question,

"The constables will be with Varsha until Sameera's parents come back. They will see to it. I've contacted their parents and her sister," Nikhil muttered, showing her the message from Sameera's sister.

"So, she's on her way. Good for us!" she sighed, releasing a huge breath and Nikhil nodded again, murmuring nonchalantly, "Yes."

Ananya checks her I-pad and the time. Why should they waste time here if constables are going to guard her? The Sooner they catch the criminals, the better it will be. "Let's get going then. We need to track where the ambulance went to."