New and cocky

Newt was always 'strange' well to everyone else anyway but he didn't mind he had his animals and his friends that was all he needed. No one would have thought the small skinny and shaky Hufflepuff would become the minister of magic's first professional magizoologist well at least that's how he saw it, it could be described as he went out and across the world to rescue and help animals and then take care of them just like he had done before but now he would be paid not that he really cared about that, you see working with the ministry promised the animals better care as he got more resources to help as well as people (teenaged volunteers) This is where are story starts.

"MR NEWT" yelled a young lady with vibrant yellow hair that made newt's eyes slightly sting.
"Yes Ezra" newt replied not turning around from what he was doing as he was completely focused and in his element.
"A growler with a tail wound has been spotted in an area near to here" Ezra said a tinge of fear in her voice, the reason she was newt's favourite was the fact she knew so much about the animals, not as much as him but still and she was kind and willing to help anyone or anything without hesitation making her slightly gullible.
"right... well who's next on the list" newt asked turning round a bit to fast making him wobble slightly but it was a pretty normal sight for everyone now so nothing was said.
"I think it's jamie" she said discussed coating her words. she as did all the others have a STRONG dislike for Jamie well at least that's how she put it.
"Well can you get him for me I need to get ready for this trip" newt said his voice trailing of as he walked away to his cabin of things.

When newt re-appeared he held two grey-ish green backpacks one for himself and the other for... what was him name jam... jasmine... JAMIE that's it. Jamie in question was a bratty newcomer who had already got a reputation for his quote 'idiotic behaviour' his brown hair stood up, his face along with his outfit shined with privilege and his eyes looked bored obviously he didn't want to be here but his parents were rich and snobbish so had decided sending him into the ministry as a volunteer would be perfect for his reputation and future but probably being to stupid to look at what the job actually was he was shoved into a job perfect only for the most caring of people.
"Here's your bag" newt said dropping a heavy bad into the clean and unworked hand of the teen who's face filled with horror at the thought of carrying something so dirty and old.

All the way there this kid was complaining making newt's mind foggy and unfocused which really wasn't very good considering the beautiful animal they were going to help. A growler was a lovely creature at least in newt's eyes it had a very short temper and it would attract if it felt at all in danger it would even attract unprovoked with its sharp claws that could kill a man with ease, the creature had strong amber eyes that could see all around and if you were lucky enough to become a trusted friend of the growler you would find it's fluffy fire coloured fur warm and soft. The animal was easily recognised by its loud and violent-
"Input growling noise"
"WHAT WAS THAT" screamed Jamie from behind newt who finally clicked into reality slightly more then he was moments before. This kid knew nothing well this was going to be difficult.
"That jamie was the growler that we are going after" he said trying to hide his annoyance the growl of the animal was easy to know and yet all Jamie could be bothered to do was complain.

Once they got to the clearing where the growler had been sited newt should have noticed that this particular growler happened to be an old friend one who had healed ages ago and already had a bond with newt but of course with Jamie there blabbering on and trying to push all of newts buttons which he happen to be very good at it would've never gone to plan.

The growler was laying down calm when he recognised newt's sent once these beings had grown to like a human it could never be turned around but its strong nose smelt distress and anxiety in newt and a very annoying little boy walking up to it he got defensive and began showing signs of attack.