Five

Third Person POV

Mickey woke up with a clear mind for the first time in what felt like forever to him. Granted it was 5pm meaning that he slept through the day but maybe it was because he was still slightly intoxicated from the night before or maybe it was from the fact that as soon as he opened his eyes Mickey reached for the bottle that was next to his bedside.

Whatever it was Mickey liked it.

He walked downstairs with a little pep in his step and went straight to the fridge and grabbed another beer. He heard a sigh from behind him and looked and saw Charlie looking at him from the couch.

As much as it hurt Mickey to see his father look at him with such concern, this is the only way he knew how to cope. This was his way of getting over something that hurt him when he was younger so why would he stop now.

"I'm gonna stop by La Push today and probably hang out by the beach" Mickey spoke as he stood to his full height and walked over to where Charle was sitting. Mickey watched as his father's eyes lit up with surprise before he immediately nodded and said, "that's good, you need to go somewhere that's not a bar".

Little did Charlie know that there was going to be a party at the beach.

Mickey smiled slightly but that was soon wiped clean off his face when Charlie then said, "maybe you should invite Bella, I mean she is on the same boat as you". Mickey inwardly groaned and frowned and just as he opened his mouth to say something Bella walked into the living room.

"Invite me to what" she asked, and Mickey rolled his eyes while Charlie explained "Mickey is going to La Push beach for a while so I figured you could join him".

Mickey prayed in his head that she would say no but to his horror and shock she replied, "sure I've been meaning to talk to Jacob for a while now anyway".

Charlie smiled looking at both his children and Mickey put on a forced smile as he turned to Bella "well then I guess you better go get ready now". Mickey watched as Bella lightly jogged up the stairs and his fake smile dropped as soon as Charlie turned around and went back to watching the tv.

Mickey waited for a couple of minutes and soon Bella came downstairs, and they immediately went to Mickey's car. "Just to let you know, there's actually a party going on at the beach" Mickey said as they entered the car.

Bella looked at him with an eyebrow raised before she sighed and simply asked "do you know if Jacob is going to be there". Mickey shrugged and replied, "only one way to find out".

Mickey then drives off and heads straight for La Push.

Time Skip

"Remember if you find Jacob then you don't know me and if you don't then you still don't know me and you wait somewhere close to the car so when I'm ready to leave we could go without people seeing us together" Mickey said to Bella as they got out the car.

Mickey then instantly walked away from Bella and went to where the alcohol was. After making himself Vodka Punch he started looking around the party observing everything going on around him.

He spotted Sam and his three other pack members very easily. He sent Sam a nod which he got one in return before he continued looking around the beach.

He soon spotted Bella talking to Jacob which made him let out a sigh of relief that she wouldn't bother him before he was pulled out of his daze when someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Mickey immediately turned around and was confused when he saw a girl that he vaguely recognized but couldn't place from where.

"I'm assuming by how you are looking at me in confusion then you don't remember me from two nights ago" the girl said with a smirk and Mickey eyes widen in surprise as he remembered that she was the girl that left before he could give her the awkward 'I don't want a relationship' talk.

Even though he still couldn't remember her name Mickey still made an effort to have a conversation with the girl. "Oh right, hi how are you" Mickey asked and the girl smiled and responded, "good what about you Mickey".

"Good, I'm uh good" he responded awkwardly before rubbing the back of his neck while looking around. "Wow you are really not good at interacting with your ex-fling" the girl said before she laughed a little to herself.

Mickey chuckled and replied with a shrug "well I never had to do it before". The girl looked at him in surprise and asked "really, with how small this town is you've never seen an ex".

Mickey shook his head as he said, "nope never I was blessed with ex repellent but clearly that has not affected you so I think it might be malfunctioning".

The girl laughed before she said, "that's good because from what I remember I had a really good time with you at that party". Mickey smiled broadly and said, "well I have been told I'm good company".

"Really then hand me your phone" the girl said as she stuck out her hand and while confused Mickey handed her his phone.

She typed in something before she handed it back to him while saying "I have been told that I am good company too so if you ever want to hang out, you now have my number, give me a call".

The girl then walked away, and Mickey watched her before he realized that he still didn't remember her name, so he immediately looked through his phone contacts and sighed in relief when he saw the new number and the name attached to it.

Amelia L.

Mickey then realized something else too. That entire time he did not hear one voice.

Kelsey Chow

as

Amelia L.

A/N check out my TikTok on my page @werewolf2217