ONE REASON

author's note: thank you all for being so patient with me updating another part in this book. i have reached writer's block phase, school has been crazy, and i've been being 21 years old LMAO (i don't want to directly say anything, so that's all i'll be giving because future me would hate it if i just said it).

anyways, i hope you all enjoy this chapter & please leave me any comments below about parts of some stories that i may not have completed in this book that you want me to complete, as i am not looking at this book much because i have prior assignments to do :)
-

the roller rink was wild with activity from people on spring break, mike and eleven leading the pack inside as you hung back with will as you two attempted to put your skates on. will looked over at the couple as he sighed, shaking his head. 

"what's up with you, byers?" you asked, tying one of the laces on the right skate as you didn't look at him but continued to tie the shoelace. he just mumbled something under his breath that you were unable to hear, causing you to turn to look at him and follow his eye contact to mike and eleven out on the rink before coming off. 

"what?" you asked, looking at him now as he finally sat up to look at you.

"it's just them. i mean, el has been lying to him ever since he got off the plane!" he exclaimed as you shushed him before beginning to speak once more. 

"will, it's her choice to tell him. we cannot force her to say any sort of truth to him without it just backhanding us in the end," you replied, bending over to continue tying the other shoelace. he sighed, grumbling something else once more as you began to stand up, nearly falling into someone as they caught you briefly. 

"shit, sorry," you muttered, looking up to see that it was eddie. "oh my god! what are you doing here?" you exclaimed, pulling him into a hug as he laughed back in response. 

"i had to see where wheeler's friends live now, and i didn't want to be gone from you for too long anyways," he muttered, seeing you pull back and smile up at him as you looked over at will who was still staring at the couple who was coming over to where the two of you were standing. 

"will," you muttered, seeing eddie look at you in confusion before looking at will. you sighed, hitting him in the shin with your skate as you got his attention away from them. "let it go, byers," you muttered, catching eddie's attention once more to his odd behavior. 

you looked back over at eddie, giving him a slight smile, before seeing mike approaching quickly in confusion while eleven was following behind him, nearly trapped to his side. 

"eddie? what the hell are you doing here?" he asked as eddie just chuckled slightly. 

"you thought that i would leave my girlfriend across the country for over a week?" he chuckled out as mike just sighed, looking at you as you shrugged back in response with a smile on your face. will stood up, his skates now fully tied and ready to go out on the rink, before you had mike introduce his two friends. 

"oh, eddie, this is eleven, my girlfriend," he started. "and will." 

will gave eddie a thin lined smile before leaving to go to the skating rink as you watched him go before eleven and eddie talked briefly. mike soon pulled her with him to go back to skating as you looked over at eddie, seeing him looking back at you in confusion.

"it's okay," you muttered, giving him a brief smile before you sighed. "well, did you come to skate or watch me suck at skating?" 

"i actually came to talk to you about something," he mumbled as you looked at him in suspiscion, wondering what he could be talking about. "and no, i'm not asking you to marry me." 

you let out a small sigh of relief, laughing slightly as you looked up at him, seeing that he had something in the back of his mind bothering him. you were curious to know what it was and that's when you leaned over and began untying your laces on your skates before slipping them off. you set them on the bench where many people were sitting, trying to get their shoes on. 

"what are you doing?" he asked as you grabbed his hand and walked him over to the side of the skating rink, pulling him closer to you as you asked him what he needed.

"what's bothering you?" you asked, looking up at him as you waited expectantly for an answer. you could read it all in his eyes that something was really digging at him and bothering him greatly. 

"why would something be bothering me?" he asked, laughing slightly as you gave him a brief smile.

"eddie, why the hell did you really come to california?" you asked, your eyes switching in between his as you waited for a response. he was nervous to talk to you for once, and you had no clue what this could possibly be about. 

"i'm just," he started, as you raised your eyebrows in response. "i'm just worried about you being here with mike. i mean, i know he has a girlfriend but why would he be looking at you like that if he didn't mean it?" 

"are you really jealous of a fifteen year old?" you asked, laughing. "did you really fly all the way out here to california to make sure i wouldn't commit a crime?" you asked, smiling sweetly up at him as he shrugged. 

"i mean, that's only part of it," he replied. "it's also because i missed you." 

"eddie, look," you began, his eyes meeting yours as you smiled sweetly back up at him. "you do realize that i love you a lot, right? there's no way in hell that i would leave you for somebody else, okay? that's just not a thought that ever crosses my mind," you responded. 

eddie sighed, giving you a smile as you pressed a kiss to his cheek before pulling him back out to the main part of the floor where will was now standing, staring at mike and eleven still. 

"will?" you asked as eddie looked at him in confusion. "byers?" 

"what is it, _______? i'm worried that she won't tell him what's really going on. i want to tell him," he muttered, looking at you as you shook your head. 

"no, you can't. it's not your place to tell him, okay?" you replied as will shook his head, walking off as eddie looked back at you when you turned around to see if he could help you with what was going on. 

"what's going on with him?" eddie asked, coming over to you and wrapping an arm around your shoulder. 

"i'm not entirely sure, but i have a good idea of one reason."