Baby Steps

Baby Bianca!!
————————————-
"I dunno, Will. She's not walking yet." Nico made a face in the mirror as he stared at the bags under his eyes.

"She's fine." Will replied, sitting in bed already. "She pulls herself up on furniture all right, which is a few stages before walking."

"Other kids her age are walking."

"Hobbling two steps and then falling over is not considered walking."

"No. They're actively teetering around and moving around." Nico sighed.

"Bianca moves around." Will smiled. "She's the fastest crawler I know."

"But the other kids-"

"Name one other one-and-a-half-year-old you know that is actively walking." Will rolled his eyes.

"Luke Jackson."

Will sighed at that. "She's not Luke."

Nico nodded. "I know."

"We're not Percy and Annabeth."

"I know."

"If you know, then stop comparing." Will raised his eyebrows pointedly.

"I just worry sometimes. If we're parenting correctly, I mean. I just don't want to mess her up and then she never learns to walk and then crawls around in her twenties-" Nico rambled, throwing his hands in the air.

"Nico, Nico, babe. Relax. She's ok, we're ok, everything is ok." Will extended his hand to his husband.

Nico took it and was pulled into bed, kissing Will on the cheek. "You're the best."

"I know."

Nico pushed him. "Jerk."

Will shoved back. "Jerk-er"

Nico pushed back. "Jerk-est."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~ze next day~

The following morning continued as it usually did on a Saturday, Will sitting at the dining room table grading papers and Nico keeping Bianca entertained on the rug by the couch. Every so often they could get work done and spend time with their daughter.

Nico watched as Bianca was standing, holding onto the side of the coffee table.

"Hey, pretty girl." Nico cooed and smiled at her.

Bianca giggled back.

Her father opened his arms to her. "Come say hello to Papa. How does that sound?"

Bianca let go of her grip on the table, standing on her own.

"Yeah, that's right! Atta girl! Now come towards me."

"Nico." Will mumbled at the table with a pen in his mouth.

"Come on. She's standing on her own. She's so close."

"Don't rush it."

Bianca lifted her little sock foot to step forward, losing her balance and falling on her butt. She squealed and laughed.

"We're making progress." Nico muttered.

Later, after eating spaghetti for dinner, it was time for bath and bed time.

It was Will's turn to give the sauce-covered baby a bath while Nico prepared a bottle of warm cow's milk for her.

Will was bent over the rim of the tub, trying to clean the orange spaghetti stain off of his child as she splashed around. The front of his shirt was soaked, but he didn't really mind; he enjoyed bathtime as much as she did, playing with the rubber duckies.

He picked one up and made a quacking sound, making Bianca crack up. He tried to hold her still while he washed the shampoo out of her hair, getting more wet in the process.

When they were done, Will plopped Bianca on the bath mat and turned to grab a towel from the counter. He turned back and went to wrap her in it, but she decided then and there to run away.

He was too shocked to even register it, still holding the towel open in his arms.

Bianca was fast, too. She dashed between his legs and out of the bathroom, heading to the kitchen.

"Baby is heading your way!" Will shouted after multiple failed attempts to grab her.

Nico turned towards the shout, thinking that Will had wrapped her up in her spaceship towel and was going to fly her towards him. He instinctually smiled. "Where's my gorgeous girl?"

She ran past the dining room table and towards him at full speed, naked as a jaybird.

"Bianca!" Nico didn't know if his tone came across as shocked, proud, or confused. He felt all three.

Will came running after her. "Grab her!"

"Oh!" Nico opened his arms and Bianca fell into them.  "Bianca! You can walk!"

She giggled when he kissed her cheek.

"She can run like hell, that's for sure." Will tried to catch his breath, wheezing slightly.

"I told you she would walk."

"You were spiralling last night about how she's never going to walk." Will wheezed.

"Go do your inhaler while I get our Olympic track star into some jammies." Nico ignored his husband's comment and walked away.

"I would just like to add that I had complete faith in our daughter."

"Can't hear you over the sound of my success!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back in my solangelo era bc I missed them a lot

this is only the beginning

WC: 800