Sick! Nico

teehee maybe a sequel to a chapter in my other book

i think it's funny that big tough Nico is an absolute baby when it comes to being sick
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Neeks, you alright?" Will noticed how Nico's head kept rolling to the side during breakfast. He had been unusually quiet the night before, but Will didn't think anything of it until now.

Nico put his head on Will's shoulder and squeezed his eyes closed. "Headache."

"How much water have you had today?"

Nico groaned. "Don't give me the dehydration talk, Solace. I drank plenty today."

"Ok, ok." Will took Nico's hand into his. "Anything else bothering you?"

"Besides my head feeling like it's going to explode? My throat hurts."

Will took his fiancé's head in his hands gently and studied his face. He pushed Nico's dark hair out of his face and kissed his forehead. Hot.

He paused, then pulled away.

Nico forced a half smile. "What's wrong with me, doc?"

Will kissed Nico's warm forehead again, this time  as an apology. "You have a fever, babe."

Nico groaned. "Gross."

Will went into doctor mode. "Alright, sweetness, you gotta lay down. Do you wanna lay on the couch or get into bed?"

"I don't care." Nico flopped down on the couch and buried his face into a pillow. "I don't wanna move."

"What color gatorade do you want?"

"Orange."

"Ok. Stay there." Will said, hurrying off to get stuff. He rummaged through the medicine cabinet and grabbed a thermometer, cold medicine, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

He came back with those items, as well as Nico's Gatorade. He kneeled next to the couch.

"I'm gonna take your temperature before I do anything, ok?"

Nico nodded and took the thermometer. After a few minutes of waiting, the device beeped rapidly.

Will grabbed it and read the little digital screen. He whistled. "Damn, baby. You're burning up."

"It's cuz I'm so hot." Nico laughed weakly.

"Poor thing." Will sighed and gave Nico the bottle of Gatorade and two pills. "Take it. I'm going to make you some alcohol socks."

Nico took the medicine, then looked at his fiancé strangely. "What socks?"

"You put alcohol on your socks, then cover them with another pair of dry socks. My mom always did it to me to get my fever to break." Will grabbed one of Nico's ankles.

Nico kicked him away. "You are not touching my feet."

"Nico. Let me help you."

"No!"

Will sighed. "Can I put a wet washcloth on your head?"

"Yes, as long as you stop trying to mess with my feet."

Will rolled his eyes and stood up to get the washcloth. He came back and laid it on Nico's forehead.

Nico groaned. "My eyes feel they're gonna pop out of my head."

"That's called sinus pressure, my love. It should go away when the Tylenol kicks in." Will held one of Nico's hands and began tracing the lines on his palm.

"I hate being sick."

"I don't think anyone enjoys it, Neeks."

"No. I hate being all pathetic like this." Nico turned his head to the side to look at Will. "I don't want you to worry about me."

"Darlin', I always worry about you in one way or another because I care about you." Will kissed Nico's palm. "And I don't mind looking after you and your dramatic ass."

"What?!" Nico shot his head up, then winced and laid back down. "Ow. I am not dramatic."

Will pressed two fingers to Nico's wrist to feel his pulse. "I can feel your heartbeat."

"Mmhm. Let me know if it stops." Nico muttered and closed his eyes.

"Nico Di Angelo."

"Don't full name me when I'm ill, Solace."

"That's Doctor Solace to you." Will put his hand on Nico's chest to check his breathing.

"I feel like shit."

"You're not congested yet, but if you have sinus pressure and a sore throat then you might get a cough and a stuffy nose later..." He rambled, analysing Nico's sick body.

"I still feel like shit."

Will snapped out of his trance and remembered his bedside manners. "Do you need anything? I can put a movie on for you."

Nico sighed. "A blanket and Christian Bale."

Will swore under his breath. "You're going to watch Batman again?"

"I like Batman."

"I can't believe that the Nolan trilogy is your go-to sick movies. They're so intense."

"Please, amore? Per favore mio caro..." Nico pleaded.

"Fine. I'll put on Batman." Will grabbed the remote. "Just know that Christian Bale would never nurse you back to health like this, ok?"

"Of course not. He's too busy being Batman." Nico smiled. "I love you, Doctor Solace."

Will sighed and kissed Nico on his nose. "I love you too, my sickie."

THE END

———————————————————

WC: 800