Swords: Confirmation Over Realization

As Will finished up his quick lunch break away from the infirmary and was headed back to the Big House, he passed by the arena where a sword training class was going on. The class was being taught by none other than his very own boyfriend, so he figured he'd stop by and watch for a minute.

He settled himself onto a seat in the bleachers and looked onward at the class of campers.

Nico Di Angelo, wearing an orange camp tank top and black athletic shorts, held his sword in his right hand casually as he gave his instructions. He pointed to the practice dummy's chest, then raised the sword to attack.

He struck at the dummy, and stabbed it where he motioned to previously.

Will couldn't help but notice the precision of Nico's movements. They were exact. Planned. Calculated. His sword landed exactly where it needed to be every time.

Why is that kinda hot...

Will also happened to notice the arm muscles that were exposed with Nico's shirt selection.

Nope. Definitely hot.

After the demonstration, Nico gestured to the group with the tip of his sword.

One of the kids, who looked older than the others, must have talked back at Nico's instructions, because Nico's posture changed from one of casual guidance to one of amusement.

Immediately, Will knew by the way Nico held his shoulders that he just challenged the boy.

Oh boy.

"Hey, Will." Lou Ellen slid into the spot next to him.

Will sat up straighter. "Hey."

"What's up?"

"My boyfriend's teaching the sword fighting class and I figured I'd watch."

"Cool. Cool cool cool cool."

"See the taller kid on the end? Well, it looks like he's being a bit of an asshole so Nico just challenged him to a fight."

"Interesting."

They both turned back to watch the scene.

The younger teen shook his head and seemed to look annoyed by the challenge, but Nico wouldn't let up.

He beckoned the kid forward, and it was obvious that he was telling the kid, "come on. Fight me."

"I bet he has that cocky smile too." Lou Ellen nudged Will in the side.

Will shifted a bit in his seat. "Oh, yeah. Totally."

The kid finally stepped forward with his sword in hand. "Gonna fight me?"

The small group of passersby "ooooh"ed.

"Your intimidation tactics won't work like you think they do." Nico laughed loud enough to hear.

Will cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled, "Get him, babe!"

Nico looked towards the sound of his boyfriend's voice and squinted against the bright summer sunlight. "Thanks, babe!"

"Are we gonna fight or what?" The kid asked, poking the dirt with his sword.

"Hold your horses. We have to follow proper dueling rules-Aye!" Nico was cut off with a jab to his side, which he promptly dodged.

He raised his own sword and stabbed back. His strike was deflected.

On it went, parrying each other's strikes. Surprisingly, Nico seemed to only take the defensive side, deflecting and dodging but never aiming any of his own strikes. He faked a yawn as he caught another shot aimed for his head with the side of his sword.

Soon, the younger teen seemed to lose his breath and stumble a bit.

Nico leaned against his sword. "Done?"

"Nope."

Nico laughed and tied his hair back to get it off his neck.

Will's mouth fell open at the sight of Nico in a mini ponytail.

Lou Ellen reached over and closed it for him. "You alright?"

"Mmhm."

Nico grabbed his sword firmly in his hand and looked at his class. "Now, this is how you're supposed to fight offense."

He quickly started, aiming a blow right away in a weak spot.

The kid tried his best to deflect it, but he wasn't quick enough.

"Point."

Will bit his bottom lip.

"Sir William, you're keeping those thoughts PG, right?" Lou Ellen tried.

"Uh huh."

"Am I the best friend ever?"

"Uh huh."

"Can I have five bucks?"

"Uh huh." Will waved his hand at her absently. "Shhh. I'm trying to watch."

Nico struck blow after blow, completely overwhelming his opponent. The sound of the blunt tip of a practice sword hitting a bronze chest plate became so monotonous that it almost became background noise.

Eventually, the other camper fell to the floor with his hands up in surrender.

Nico jabbed him in the chest once more for good measure, then let the sword clatter to the ground.

He wiped the back of his hand across his sweaty forehead and drank some water to cool himself down.

Will, on the other hand, felt his face heat up. "Wow."

"Having some realizations there, buddy?" Lou Ellen asked jokingly.

"More like confirmations, but yeah."

"And what are you confirming?"

"I like boys." Will swooned. "I'm queer. So, so queer."

THE END
——————————————-
Word count: 815