Work Wife

NOT CHEATING!!! A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING!!!!

Also Nico is canonically a really jealous person so I wanna expand on that 😋

—————————————————————————

"You smell weird." Nico commented as soon as Will walked through the door.

"Aww, hello to you too!" Will said, his voice heavy with sarcasm. "Yes, honey, my day was wonderful! Thanks for asking!"

"I'm just making an observation. You don't smell like yourself."

"What do I normally smell like, Nico?" Will shrugged off his coat and hung it on a hook on the wall. "Man musk and after-school body odor?"

"Not that." Nico leaned against the wall and was hit with the smell of Will's jacket. "Smells like perfume. A woman's perfume."

"Miley sprayed me with some after my class finished their dissection. Would you rather me smell like formaldehyde?" Will untied his shoelaces.

"I'd rather that than Sweet Princess Flower Explosion." Nico rolled his eyes. "Miley... your teacher's assistant?"

"Yes, Nico."

"I think she's into you. You know the little get-together that we had after the open house at your school? She was a little too clingy there. Always touching your arm and laughing at your jokes." Nico scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"Nico, she helps me grade papers and come up with mark schemes. I don't think that gives much room for attraction." Will sighed. "Unless me scribbling with red ink really turns her on, I don't think we have an issue."

"I'm just saying."

"Nico, look. I'm very happy with our marriage. I love you more than anything on the whole planet. I'm not going to miraculously fall for the girl that organizes my lesson plans and brings me gross coffee."

"I wasn't saying that you liked her. I just observed that she likes you. Should I be concerned, Mr. Defensive?" Nico raised an eyebrow.

"I only have eyes for you, Nico Di Solace." Will put his hand on his heart.

"Better keep your mouth, heart, and genitals that way too."

Will rolled his eyes. "I promise."

"Whatever. Treat this as a joke. Keep doing your thing." Nico pointed an accusing finger at his husband. "But the second she refers to herself as your 'work wife', I better hear an apology and get to have mind-blowing make up sex."

Will raised his hands in surrender. "Whatever you say, boss."

"I want flowers, too."

"Fine."

~~~~~~
Literally the next day

"Morning, Doctor D!" Miley put two coffees and her tote bag down at her desk. "Brought you a cup of joe!"

Will grimaced and raised his cup. "Oh, how kind of you. You really don't have to buy me coffee. My husband makes me a cup every morning on my way out of the house."

"I figured you may need another one in order to have the energy to handle these kids."

"Yeah, thanks. What'd you get?"

"Lattes. Super sweet and light."

Will tried to hide the face he made as he took another sip of his plain black coffee. "Mmm. Yummy."

"Totally, right? You know something funny? Us taking care and supervising the class is kind of like they're our kids."

"Huh, I never thought about it that way." Will commented politely.

"I know you're married and whatnot, but you spend so much time at school it's like I'm a second spouse...

Don't you dare say it.

...a work wife, even!"

Will swore to himself under his breath. Damn, Nico was right. SO right, in fact, if happened not even 12 hours later.

"Ten hours a day, five days a week...you see me more than you see your own wife!"

"Husband. I'm gay, Miley." Will half-lied. He's bisexual, but he wasn't about to lose on a technicality.

"Oh. Yeah, right." She shrugged. "It's probably for the better."

"What do you mean?"

Miley laughed. "The ladies wouldn't be able to get enough of you! Now you're like on display. Look, but can't touch."

Will almost choked on his coffee.

His assistant sighed. "I wish you were one of those bi-sexuals who likes both. Then you could cheat on your spouse with an excuse!"

Mmmm. Don't you just love the taste of biphobia in the morning?

"Actually, bisexual people have to be held accountable just like anyone else." Will tried to be polite, but he felt his ears turn red.

"Ah, you're just saying that because you're gay and play for the same team."

"Miley?"

"Yes, sir?"

Will faked a smile. "Why don't you take the day off today?"

"Really? I-"

"Take the day off. Go home."

Miley grabbed her bag. "Are you sure?  They have part two of their lab today-"

"I got it covered. Go home."

"Ok. Thank you, sir." The woman hurried out of the classroom.

Will heaved a sigh as his forehead hit his desk. "Fuck."

————————————————————

Will stepped into the foyer with a bouquet of tulips in his hand. "Babes, I'm home!"

Nico came to the door to greet him. When he kissed his husband on the cheek, he noticed the strong chemical smell coming from him. He smiled to himself.

Will handed him the tulips awkwardly.

Nico smiled wider and feigned coyness. "Aww, for little old me? What's the occasion?"

"It's because I love your two-lips more than anything in the world." Will shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Clever pun."

"Took me the whole drive home to come up with it."

"Nice." Nico brought his hand to his ear. "But I wanna hear you say it."

"I'm sorry." Will said.

"Am I allowed to say that I told you so?"

"Don't push it."

"Fine." Nico gave a satisfied smile as he looked at the colorful assortment in his hands. "Now take off your pants."

————————————————————————-

WC: 950

aNd tHeY LivEd hApPiLy eVeR aFtEr