Chapter 38

Amelia's Pov

Amelia's Pov

I apply the red lipstick and then smile at my reflection. Last night, while having our food Ace got an emergency call so he had to leave. After that, I went to sleep. When I woke up, I did not find Ace so I assumed that he is still out. I was feeling good today so I decided to do a little makeup. My stomach growls and I then decided to make my way to the kitchen. 

The hallway was silent, like always. I remember when last night I asked Ace why this floor is silent. He said that this floor is only for him and me. How lucky am I! Note the sarcasm. 

I climb down the stairs and walk straight ahead, toward the kitchen. The house was silent, no one is there, not even the maids. Hmm...The kitchen came into my view, and a calendar on the wall caught my attention. Wow! I didn't notice this last night. 

"It's Sunday today" A familiar voice speaks from the other side. I look to my left and see the person I didn't expect to see Lucas. 

He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. I clench my jaw, anger bubbling inside me. That's when I realized something...I forgot about Liam. 

Oh god! I have been too fucked up. My eyes start to water and I tried to control my emotions. I take a deep breath, keeping Liam's thoughts aside. 

"Why are you here and where is Liam" I questioned in a not-so-questioning tone. My words were laced with anger and I am sure he knew that, judging from the way his grin turned into a sad smile. 

"I...work for Ace so I live here and as for Liam, I don't know" He replies. I scoff. Everyone is a liar here, thinking that they can fool me. 

"Stop lying okay? I am not a kid. You better tell me where he is or else, I will find him myself" I say. My voice was loud and clear and I knew that Lucas was shocked at my statement. He stares at me and I stare back. I am not going to back down now. If he thinks that he can fool me then he is wrong. 

Lucas sighs and goes to the refrigerator and takes a water bottle. I have to do something...I smirk when an idea comes to my mind. 

"How can someone do this to their own blood" I whisper lightly enough that he hears me. Lucas freezes and his eyes close for a short minute. I mentally laugh when my plan started working. I sigh loudly and shake my head. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Lucas look at me. 

"I wonder how I would have felt knowing my own twin brother is in danger," I say softly. My shoulders slumped in defeat. I smirk at my own acting skills. 

Suddenly, the door of the refrigerator closes and I flinch in surprise. I look up only to see Lucas glaring at me, his jaw was clenched and the veins on his forehead were clearly visible. Oh no...I gulp.

 He comes to me and I back off, my back hitting the counter. Lucas slams his both hands beside me, on the counter. I look at him, my heart thumping in my chest so loudly that even I could hear it. My eyes were wide while he was red. 

"You have no right to judge someone just by their actions, Amelia. You don't know even half of the shit so stay away from my business. Fuck your judgemental and manipulative self" Saying that he walks away.

 I take a deep breath, trying to control the tears that were going to fall at any moment. I can't believe it...Is this what others think? Am I ...judgemental and manipulative...Oh god...Oh god. I slump down on the floor and close my eyes. That's when my tears started flowing. 

Author's Note

Ya'll don't be silent readers, please! I want your reviews. I feel like this story is getting boring and taking too many turns. Do you feel bored? 

Also, this is the last chapter till my hiatus is over. I'll be back on 21 March . Enjoy my other books till then.