New Town

Celine

I'm not a person who likes being in crowds, that's obvious to anyone who meets me. Now being in a crowd of people where I don't even know one person? That's even worse because I don't know who I'll turn to because I'll be all alone. I miss Anais because she's always been the person I can be myself around. Without her I always feel like an outsider wherever I go, it doesn't help that I don't even have a single sibling.

Although I think it's better than I don't have any other siblings, no matter how much I want them. I wouldn't want my mum to work more than she already does, especially with the current world we live in.

You heard me right, this world is not.. normal. But I'm the last person to ever say that because I'm not a victim in making the world not normal because I'm not exactly a human.

Years ago, when I was four years of age, a new world was introduced after a war broke out between species when a discovery had been made. Witches teamed up together and took down hierarchies of different species of the moon realm.

The moon realm is the realm that was broken down centuries ago by a human attempting to perform dark magic using a pure witch's blood under the moonlight. That way the person opened a gateway between this realm where only humans and witches existed and the deal of predators. The moon realm.

The moon realm consists of creatures of the night. Many of them but the most civilized, as civilized as they can be are the shapeshifters and fanged devils. Formally, they have many names in many languages but third formal names have been the Lycanthropes and the Strigoi/Nesferatu. In mordern day they are known as the werewolves and Vampires.

Once the two species, among others, were introduced to this world, they discovered the existence of the other species. One the wolves deemed lesser than them in power therefore would make great slaves for to use for their personal purposes. Meanwhile the bloodsuckers discovered they taste better than any other creature they have ever gotten their hands on and therefore it is obvious what they saw what their use was.

Only, these creatures weren't as defenseless as they expected for some of them had discovered the art of their ancestral magic. And with that the witches came together, they used all they had in their power to take down the hierarchies of these creatures in hopes of them giving up their ways of oppressing those they deem less.

Only, their actions brought upon a worser fate for humans for these creatures stayed in the dark, which is why the humans turned against the witches. The vampires were first to introduce themselves when their king fell and their Queen, far more cruel took claim of the throne and treated humans as if they were nothing but cattle. Rumor has it that her favorite meal was young virgin girls for their blood was pure and gave her more power.

Next, the son of werewolf royalty whose sister's mate was abducted and used for rituals causing her and endless suffering for decades before she finally gave up on life. He used humans for labor and mistreated them for decades until today's laws came.

With the high demand both these creatures had of humans, the human leaders of different kingdoms came to a conclusion. Since the real murderers of their loved ones are witches, all locations of their witches were given as an offering for peace. So they can have a sense of peace and be able to raise their offspring without fear.

The wolves chose this peace, in an understanding that they themselves have children. There is nothing more important to a wolf than its pack, just as the humans wanted to protect their packs. The treaty was taken, with the promise that every witch that is discovered by either the wolf or the human should meet their end on the spot. Although, many packs still treat humans as they have before, and there's nothing that can change a werewolf's ego from believing humans are inferior beings to them.