Alpha

Celine

It's day 2 in the godforsaken place. I might be too quick to judge just because of two idiotic boys ruining my day yesterday I know, but I have this gnawing feeling. Something is going to go wrong soon and it's stressing me, making me on the edge. I wouldn't listen to this feeling if it wasn't for the fact that it's always right. I mean I don't like feeling uneasy, the tension and the anxiety isn't calm at all, this place is already a shit hole. I have to be optimistic though right? New place and new people and all.

Today I decided to wear some a black tennis skirt and a white simple sweater that almost covers it with black boots since it was chillier than yesterday. I had my hair tied into a messy bun. What I love about my hair is that it is thick as it is long making my bun look big when it's on top of my head. What I hate about it is that it is thick and long so combing and styling it is always a challenge in the morning.

I accessorised with my favourite ear jewelry. I have a lot of ear piercings and I love them. I wanted a septum but mom said I had to draw the line especially since I'm not eighteen yet.

"Bye mum, see you later." I call out for mom before heading out.

I asked her not to drive me today for my own reasons. I woke up earlier than usual because I wanted to take a little walk while listening to some music from my headphones.

Music is calming and the most therapeutic thing this world has to offer. And I happen to like all genres, one minute I'm listening to a soft song and the next I'm listening to hard rock. I'm not picky as long as it sounds good in my ear, I'm all for it.

Walking to the school is relaxing since today's weather is very chilled. Not cold or hot, it's all clear skies the soft heat from the sun is refreshing on my milky skin.

The walk to school is a mere fifteen minute walk on foot, less if I'm in a car of course. But I'm that fifteen minutes is me on a call with Anais telling her about my day yesterday. Forgetting the bad parts obviously because she doesn't need to know that part, I don't want to worry neither her nor mom. I've been here before, only I've only been picked on by humans and given random pranks instead of weres.

Now I know that they will pick on me because sus I basically declared a challenge by not baring my neck to him or whatever they call it. And with a bit of research, gossip from Ella of course, Liz's boyfriend is Holden Knight and son of Alpha Christopher Knight.

He's obviously popular as the only high ranking person in the school. Higher than even the principal and he's in his pack as a simple Delta. A normal wolf. The vampires are also normal vampires no official tittle or anything but unlike the rest, their equally big egos don't allow them to care about the Alpha's son.

Meanwhile the rest of us are forced to be appreciative of his majesty's glory. I mean it's hypocritical of me to dislike the guy not knowing what he's like but at the same time I dislike him because of his friends, how can one have friends as such and not be like them? You are who you surround yourself with right?

"Don't you guys have school anyway?" I ask Anais as I take my calm walk to school, she's been telling me about her day and how, as usual, her dad disappeared for some sort of business emergency and has been gone for the past week.

"Our school doesn't start I'll another week. And until then, I'll walk you everyday to school." In Anais' logic, me turning the camera of the iPad to face the road instead of my face counts as walking me to school until I'm there.

"Lucky. While I have to face wolves and vampires and asshole cousins."

"What is it about your cousin anyway?" Ah yes, she knows I said she dislikes me but she doesn't know how much my sweet cousin dislikes me.